Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lav. Rott

lilith_rizel
November 3rd, 2004, 03:29 PM
LR,
I know exactly what you are going through. James and I will be married 1 year as of dec. 27th. And he has to go back for more training, and I can't go with, and after that, it is off to Iraq. We just found out that he goes for his training April 16th. The part we are depressed about, is daughter Judith,won't even be 3 months at that time, and will be 19 months old atleast, before James gets to see her again. We are lucky enough that his commander was able to push the date back. He was origionally supposed to go for training 4 days after the due date.
My heart reaches out to you, and if you ever need to vent about something, I am here, and I most likely will understand, as I have gone through alot of BS in the past 16 months that James was in the service. He left for basic about 4 months before we got married.
We military wives have to stick together. There are lots of things out there that normal civilian wives don't have to deal with.

And for all you wives that don't have husbands in the military, your kinda lucky. It is hard. The average time spent on one base, before moving to the next is 18 months. And you never do know when your beloved will be put on battle lines, and if and when they will come home. Our best man is in Afgahnistan right now, and he said that the military bases are being attacked every night! Just be happy that there ore so many other men an women fighting, so that your loved ones don't have to.

sammiec
November 3rd, 2004, 03:37 PM
You're right Lilith. There's no way that we could understand. I feel for both of you, wholeheartedly. It takes an amazing person to put their life on the line for others. It's even more admirable when it's done for a country that has little of your interests at heart (not just the US).

Thank you to your husbands for what they do. Thank you to THEM (not the leaders) for providing a safer environment for us and our children.

Godspeed.

melanie
November 3rd, 2004, 03:54 PM
i am sorry, my heart goes out to you and yoru family. i truly am sorry for the mess the world and my fellow human has created, and now it affects your home, that stinks. be tough and hopefully sense will shine through soon.

they should never have been there in the first place, as they say the biggest victims of war are woman, children and animals.(and that goes for both sides i think) :sad: :sad: :sad:

lilith_rizel
November 3rd, 2004, 04:41 PM
James is putting his life on the line for others just so he can afford college, and now so he has money to raise a family. I have to thank him for that, otherwise right now, he would be a truckdriver for Coca-cola. But it is really starting to get tough. Grant it we have free medical and free housing, but he is paid very poorly. I figured out, it is only about $6.50 an hour. And he has to go through a bunch off stuff just to take a vacation day, that may not even be approved. I sometimes do wish that he never joined the military, but he signed up before we were even together, so I really can't say anything.

I know that things are going to be even worse, no that we still have you know who is in charge of the country, but no matter what, we would still be in the position we are in, and Kerry may have made it worse. All he wanted to do was pull all the troops out. That would have just made things worse, and we would be at war with even more people. Atleast with Bush elected again, he won't be able to run again. Neither James or I voted, just because we didn't like either of them. And would not put our vote torward something we did not believe in.

Please, if there is anyone who is upset about my comments, PM me instead of posting it on the board.

You can send an email to kailain_lilith@hotmail.com

I don't want to offend any one in any form. I just wanted to say what was on my mind.

LavenderRott
November 3rd, 2004, 04:50 PM
My ex-husband was in the Air Force and we were stationed in Germany when the Berlin Wall fell and during Desert Storm. Due to my ex's career field, he got to stay safe in Germany while many men in his unit went to the desert. I remember sitting in bed in the dark listening to the radio when a hotel full of reporters was bombed in Bagdad. It is something that still haunts me to this day.

Please, do not misunderstand me, I think that Sadam Hussein was a threat to the people that he "governed" and the region. I was very angry when we left the job undone the first time. I am angry still. But now I am angry because our men are not prepared or equipped properly.

While I may not like our President, and I certainly didn't vote for him, you will never hear me talk badly about the U.S. Military or the men and woman who risk their lives every day so that we may sleep a little safer.

David joined the National Guard on November 24th, 2001. He did so because he was so very angry about 9/11. He was home that day and saw the whole thing unfold on T.V. His twin brother joined the U.S. Army a couple of weeks before David. He is now riding around on a tank in Iraq.

As a military wife, I pray for my husband's safe keeping every night and I certainly don't tell him about my fears. He has enough of his own to keep him awake. I make sure that he knows in every little way that I love him and will continue to love him no matter how far apart we are.

And yes, when he is gone, my friends that I have made here and on a couple of the other forums that I belong to will keep me strong and keep me going, even when things get tough.

lilith_rizel
November 3rd, 2004, 04:57 PM
James said that the guns that the soldiers are sent to Iraq and other places like that, are the same ones they train with. They are always getting jammed here, and they work like S**T. And they think that the soldiers can protect themselves and fight with those?? They are insane. Tell your hubby that when he gets deployed, to go buy his own weapon. Atleast then he knows it will work when he needs it to.

heeler's rock!
November 3rd, 2004, 04:58 PM
I really feel for you millitary wives. You're not alone though. My hubby's best friend is in the US Army and he is stationed in Fort Hood, TX. His wife and I became best friends this past year while they lived in Calgary and she is very stressed about this whole war in Iraq. Jerome, her husband, our best friend, is going to Iraq in March next year. :sad: We are praying for him and his family, as I will pray for yours Lilith and Lav.R. This war effects everyone, and they still voted for Bush. :(

lilith_rizel
November 3rd, 2004, 05:36 PM
I just found out that James leeave for Iraq in September of next year. But I won't see him after April, because he has training, then from there, he gets shipped off. It really makes me mad.

LavenderRott
November 3rd, 2004, 05:51 PM
Sweetie, don't get mad.

You have 6 months to show him just how much you love him in all the little ways that count. By him a rose, slip a love note in his shirt pocket while he is sleeping. Little things that he can remember later.

mastifflover
November 3rd, 2004, 06:00 PM
My heart goes out to you military wives you really live very stressful lives. I don't in fact I know that I could never do it. I also don't think you get the thanks you deserve. I hope your hubbys stay safe. I don't think much of Bush but that does not have any affect on my respect for the men and woman who fight for their country. Too bad he never did his time to understand what he is sending the troops into. Wishing them safe returns and thank you

Shelby
November 3rd, 2004, 06:16 PM
oh ladies, I really do feel for you both. My husband is in the Australian Navy. He has just been posted back to a ship for about 18 months. I have decided to stay in Canberra because I have family and friends here, luckily the ship is based out of Sydney, so we can visit eachother quite easily on weekends, but his ship will be away most of that time, so I won't be seeing him that often. I'm just glad that I now have Izzy and Wilson to keep me company, last time he was on a ship i was left in Sydney with no friends or family, or puppies!