Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bush wins.

sammiec
November 3rd, 2004, 11:37 AM
And it's going to be official in 30 minutes that Sen. John Kerry has conceded to George W. He promised he wouldn't quit and then turns around and quit. What a disappointment. :sad: 4 more years of fear and war.

LavenderRott
November 3rd, 2004, 11:43 AM
You should try livin' here sister!

I actually thought about moving to Canada, but I don't think my dog would be welcome, so I guess I am going to have to stay here. My DH said that I can not go back to bed and get up in 2008, so there goes that plan.

sammiec
November 3rd, 2004, 11:48 AM
Yeah, that's true. But you know, everything that he does affects the whole world. Thsi war is not just affecting the US or the Middle East. Everyone is having hostages taken, killings, bombings, etc. The world has turned into mass chaos since this man has gone into power. It's sad and disturbing. I was up all night thinking about the election. I didn't even vote in my own country's election this past year! :o But all I wanted to do was promote Kerry wherever I went. How sad is that!?! It's very sad day for America, that's for sure.

Shannon83
November 3rd, 2004, 11:55 AM
I was till 2am watching and went to bed when I knew there was no hope for kerry to win, It Is a sad.

Chatocat
November 3rd, 2004, 12:12 PM
I'm very unhappy with Bush winning again. I normally don't get into politics and swore off voting until an honest politician ran for President. Well, since we all know that won't happen, I just never vote. This year that changed. I voted and it wasn't for Bush.

sammiec
November 3rd, 2004, 12:17 PM
I'm very unhappy with Bush winning again. I normally don't get into politics and swore off voting until an honest politician ran for President. Well, since we all know that won't happen, I just never vote. This year that changed. I voted and it wasn't for Bush. :confused: :confused: You're in Montreal?

raingirl
November 3rd, 2004, 12:25 PM
As my co-worker said, God help us all....

I really try and keep my mouth shut about stuff like this because I'm not good and standing up for myself (so please be gentle on me!).

I just have to say one thing. The USA's foreign policy hasn't exactly been the best in the past, hence what happened on 9/11 (which is very sad). But do you think that the way Geroge Bush acts and what he has done in the last 4 years made it better!?! If anything, everyone I spoke to outside the USA (and even in the USA) beleives it is even worse!

Ok. Off my soapbox now. no more outta me.

Gazoo
November 3rd, 2004, 12:25 PM
Never under estimate the sheer, blind, patriotic ignorance of the American public.

edited

heidiho
November 3rd, 2004, 12:29 PM
I am American i dont think i am stupid..........................Not sure if that was a really rude comment by you or what...

LavenderRott
November 3rd, 2004, 12:30 PM
I must say, I am a bit confused by my fellow Americans. I thought that the working class was a bit larger then it is, I suppose. Bush has put the shaft to us in so many ways - health care, cutting overtime pay, shortening the amount of time you can collect unemployment, etc. He is against a woman's right to choose. He is against gay marriage. He has shipped jobs overseas. When he took office, our country was actually running in the black. Now the federal deficeit is higher then it has been in generations.

I believe in a war on terrorists. But the terrorists are in Afganistan and our troops are dieing in Iraq. No, we can't leave Iraq now. But he could at least be honest and either admit that his information was bad or admit that he was following a family agenda since his dad couldn't manage to take care of Iraq when we had a reason to go there those many years ago.

I feel so personally defeated. My beloved will be active duty Army in less then a month and I am hoping that we have a 1 year anniversary. Since he is infantry and going to the base that trains and houses the 101st Airborne Division, there is no doubt that he will be on a plane to Iraq sooner rather then later. There is also no doubt that he will get on that plane without the gear that he will need to stay alive. Thank you, President Bush.

sammiec
November 3rd, 2004, 12:32 PM
I think that comment was a little harsh. That's not fair. :mad: It's comments like that which make it difficult for people to have adult converstations about stuff like this.

Never under estimate the sheer blind, patriotic stupidity of the American public.

:mad: :sick: :sad:

Gazoo
November 3rd, 2004, 12:35 PM
I must say, I am a bit confused by my fellow Americans. I thought that the working class was a bit larger then it is, I suppose. Bush has put the shaft to us in so many ways - health care, cutting overtime pay, shortening the amount of time you can collect unemployment, etc. He is against a woman's right to choose. He is against gay marriage. He has shipped jobs overseas. When he took office, our country was actually running in the black. Now the federal deficeit is higher then it has been in generations.

I believe in a war on terrorists. But the terrorists are in Afganistan and our troops are dieing in Iraq. No, we can't leave Iraq now. But he could at least be honest and either admit that his information was bad or admit that he was following a family agenda since his dad couldn't manage to take care of Iraq when we had a reason to go there those many years ago.

I feel so personally defeated. My beloved will be active duty Army in less then a month and I am hoping that we have a 1 year anniversary. Since he is infantry and going to the base that trains and houses the 101st Airborne Division, there is no doubt that he will be on a plane to Iraq sooner rather then later. There is also no doubt that he will get on that plane without the gear that he will need to stay alive. Thank you, President Bush.

I'm sorry for you and your husband. :(

sammiec
November 3rd, 2004, 12:39 PM
LavR, as I have said before, my thoughts are with you and your family as your DH goes off to defend his country. It takes a very strong man to defend a country that will not assist them with the appropriate needs. Canada is kinda in the same boat - military needs anyway...

I pray that he will return home safely and you WILL have you're anniversary!!

Gazoo
November 3rd, 2004, 12:39 PM
I think that comment was a little harsh. That's not fair. :mad: It's comments like that which make it difficult for people to have adult converstations about stuff like this.

Ok I will retract the stupid part. Lets say ignorant instead. Americans are woefully undereducated about current affairs, politics, world affairs and history.

A 1995 study by the U.S. Dept. of Education found that 50% of U.S. high school seniors did not know that there was a "cold war". :eek:

The same study found that 60% did not even have a basic understanding of where America had come from. :confused:

These are the people that just voted.

sammiec
November 3rd, 2004, 12:40 PM
It's still a very harsh comment. I think you need a 'SOME' in there. It's not fair to group an entire country together like that and so rudely as you have done. That's a very uneducated and irresponsible comment on your part... I guess it would be fair to say that your entire country makes comments like that??
Ok I will retract the stupid part. Lets say ignorant instead. Americans are woefully undereducated about politics, world affairs and history.

heidiho
November 3rd, 2004, 12:41 PM
Gazoo you are about the rudest person i think i have ever seen on here........ :evil:

marko
November 3rd, 2004, 12:42 PM
Many people on this board have become friends - and that makes the admins happy.

However politics and religion are 2 issues that people have NEVER been able to have civil conversations about. Not just on this board, but all around the world in various forums and media. Basically whenever 2 people with different ideological points of view meet.

and we don't want to make enemies around here....and this thread is hot...almost flaming. :evil:

Fair warning - this thread will almost certainly be closed.

Thanks for understanding...I hope!

Marko

sammiec
November 3rd, 2004, 12:43 PM
It only takes one "donkey" to ruin it for everyone. This thread will be locked in a matter of time... :rolleyes:

added: ** see, I was posting as Marko posted his... I'm good... ;) **

heidiho
November 3rd, 2004, 12:43 PM
I am with Marko,CLOSE IT..........................................Sex,po litics and religon....................Big no no's

sammiec
November 3rd, 2004, 12:45 PM
I personally believe that educated people that can have a healthy debate can discuss politics. I do all the time. If you're open minded and fair to the others opinion a good debate can happen, and STILL remain friends after.

sammiec
November 3rd, 2004, 12:48 PM
Forget it. I would rather discuss how grass grows with my dog. Just lock this thread. Thanks Gazoo.