Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

MAD....is this witchhunt

SquirrelyPitbul
November 3rd, 2004, 10:53 AM
I need someone advice, suggestions, information. I have trained as a Registered Nurse however, have worked in the field of addiction and recovery for the last number of years. I have posted on another site which helps people through thier recovery process. Have posted on there for about 4 years. I was banned today, reason being, a person that posts to me frequently, asked me what I was planning today and I responded that I owned a pitbull, that they were holding a rally to stop a ban on these dogs, that it was in a neighbouring town and I was going to go to just listen. My IP address was banned, when I got a response on the ban I was told I was posting political issues to sway people. Firstly, what does it mean to ban a IP address, and secoundly is there anything I can do about this.

sammiec
November 3rd, 2004, 11:00 AM
each computer has a specific address that it sends out, that's called your IP address. It's kinda like a finger print.

I guess if they've recently changed the rules or something, then they could ban you. I would email the Admin. see if they can give you some kind of answer. That's ridiculous.

Dukieboy
November 3rd, 2004, 11:14 AM
yes, this is looking more and more like a witch hunt. Sorry that happened to you.

SquirrelyPitbul
November 4th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Update on IP ban....recieved email from administrator was banned because the person who I had posted to complained as she/he thought I was trying to use the forum as an agenda for my fight against the ban. She/he made it clear to the moderator she disliked the breed, and found it politically charged, so I am banned. I have decided not to ask to be re-instated to the board as I cannot stand ignorance. I only mentioned that is what I was doing that day and have never mentioned my dogs, or thier breeds once in the 4 years I posted. Well, enough venting for me...may you and your dogs have a great day..... :)

Dukieboy
November 4th, 2004, 12:07 PM
and you too! :)

sammiec
November 4th, 2004, 12:09 PM
You win some you lose some squirrely. Some people are jsut plain ignorant. Youre better off without them. That person that had you banned sounds like a very narrowminded and uneducated individual, too bad for them - I can't imagine living life like that is fun.
You're welcome here...if that's an consolation...;)

Akeeter
November 4th, 2004, 12:29 PM
what you were doing today. Were you supposed to lie about it? :eek: Were you supposed to know that she would find it offensive? or political? I think you should object to the Other person turning your reasonable answer to her/his own question into their own political viewpoint. This person had better stop asking ?'s, if they are going to get huffy about honest, reasonable & truthful answers.

I had no idea that nurses were also supposed to be mind readers..But it might come in handy, job related-wise.. IMHO, both the person who objected & the moderator are NUT JOBS! :crazy:

Schwinn
November 4th, 2004, 01:03 PM
I would probably suggest the moderator look at the board themselves. Oh, and if you like, I'm an avid mountain biker, so if you want to send the person who got you banned a present, I've got a few extra grips in my basement. Sounds like he/she could use one!