November 2nd, 2004, 08:08 PM
It looks like we might be getting our puppy earlier than we thought...we are so excited.
.This is a very reputable breeder ...her location is a bit far and she has to ship our pup by air. My question is i am sure they want money before the ship the puppy....but how do i as a customer protect myslf.
since the pup is quite a bit of money we just want to make sure we are doing everything right
November 3rd, 2004, 01:50 PM
What distance is this puppy travelling, and how much money do the breeders want beforehand?
What makes you say they are "very reputable"? Do you know them personally?
November 3rd, 2004, 02:29 PM
the pup will be travelling for less than an hour by plane.
And yes i KNOW it is a VERY reputable breeder i have her checked out by another breeder who is in the "show" and knows most breeders who are doing all this for the better of the breed.
She is well known in the us and here in canada.
The pup will be spayed 1st and i have to wait for the ok by the vet and if everything goes in agreement on both our ends...we might be getting her in the next 2 weeks.
We have not dicussed money yet...as i will be calling her tonite
I will let you know how it goes
November 3rd, 2004, 02:54 PM
How old is this pup and what breed? If this is a puppy what are they doing spaying it so young. This also varies from breeds giant breeds should not be spayed before 18 months.
November 3rd, 2004, 03:24 PM
Well you sound like you think she is very reputable,so you shouldnt have to worry,.......
November 3rd, 2004, 06:03 PM
The breed is a boxer and she only sells her pet puppies once they are spayed or neutered....She is asking for a small deposit ...this will show her that we are serious and the pup will be spayed...she is 11 weks old...once the vet ok...her to travel ....and all the plans are set...we should be expecting her.
Even though she is a breputable breeder...one always worries when giving a large some of money,....anyways....just wanted to know...how it works when you are not with the breeder face to face...do you pay the entire price before getting the pup? or hald before and half upon arrival?
November 3rd, 2004, 06:13 PM
I am not sure how that works but I would feel uncomfortable paying fully for the dog, but if I was the seller I am not sure how I would feel about releasing a dog without payment. I would contact some other breeders and just ask how it works dont mention your situation and find out how they do it. I am sure that there will be a consistency in how they do it. Keep us posted I am curious as to how it works.
November 3rd, 2004, 06:41 PM
I just did what you said i contacted another breeder that has been helping me out and knows of the breeder i am getting my pup from...to see what she says aboput how she does it...you are right if i was the breeder i would feel funny too...giving a dog without being paid in full....will see what she says/....i will let you know
I dint mind paying...my hubbie is the level headed one here...like always..i follow with my heart and he with his head...LOL
will keep you posted