Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

where is everyone from? interested in getting together for play day in the park?

Karsalis
November 1st, 2004, 02:41 PM
I would love my puppy to meet other puppies and dogs. I only have one friend who has a dog, but her dog doesnt like to play with any dogs. Where is everyone from? I've learned so much about some of your pets. Anyone interested in getting together at a dog park on a weekend?

I live in Vaughan but wouldnt mind driving down to North York. I think there is a dog park down there somewhere. I have a 12 week old shi-bi, who I would love to introduce to other dogs, in a couple of weeks.

Luvmypit
November 1st, 2004, 02:42 PM
They have an off leash at Sunnybrook hospital. unfortunantly iw ouldnt be able to come. But I am pretty sure there is one there.

GsdDiamond
November 1st, 2004, 02:44 PM
I live in Winnipeg Manitoba, and I wish I could find people around here to have play dates with!

Anybody from Winnipeg???

GunnerX
November 1st, 2004, 03:38 PM
There's a large leash free park in Markham which isn't too far from Vaughn. Its south of highway 7 on woodbine. I went there once in the summer and it was empty. Is there any leash free parks in Vaughn?

Karsalis
November 2nd, 2004, 07:01 AM
Im not sure, Gunner you interested? My shih and your shih can play together!

TalonsMa
November 2nd, 2004, 01:09 PM
I live in EDmonton, and would love to find other ppl from here too, so we could have doggy playdates. Solara loves to play with other dogs :)

GunnerX
November 3rd, 2004, 07:20 AM
Karsalis, I'm not sure if we would have time this year before the white stuff starts falling. Maybe spring/summer next year though! :thumbs up

wAggie
November 4th, 2004, 10:01 AM
GREAT idea.

however, here in Toronto, weather has been quite... WET.

and besides, I have yet to meet Robyn and her Buddy. :)

CaneCorso81
November 4th, 2004, 11:49 AM
I would love my puppy to meet other puppies and dogs. I only have one friend who has a dog, but her dog doesnt like to play with any dogs. Where is everyone from? I've learned so much about some of your pets. Anyone interested in getting together at a dog park on a weekend?

I live in Vaughan but wouldnt mind driving down to North York. I think there is a dog park down there somewhere. I have a 12 week old shi-bi, who I would love to introduce to other dogs, in a couple of weeks.

My opinion, this is bad idea. Your puppy is too young and her immune system is too weak even if she has her shots. You should wait until your puppy is around 3 or 4 months old.

Canine parvovirus is carried by adult dogs and they may be infected carriers without showing any signs. If you take your puppy to a dog park, there will be many dogs around. Maybe one of them is a parvo carrier. Parvo is highly contagious and the virus can live for more than five months or longer. Most disinfectants cannot kill the virus except for bleach.

CaneCorso81
November 4th, 2004, 11:58 AM
All about Parvo..

http://www.vetinfo4dogs.com/dparvo.html

http://www.greatdreams.com/eeyore/parvo.htm

http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/petcolumns/showarticle.cfm?id=242

lil_kirk
November 4th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I agree with CaneCorso81. Your pup likely doesn't have its third set of shots yet....so she/he should not be going to areas where dogs usually roam. At that, your pup should likely be avoiding all areas where many dogs travel/urinate or other....some vets even advise that you keep your dog in your home until the shots are all done....it may seem like a long time to avoid the outdoors, but if you can save your dog for a lifetime it's worth it!

Karsalis
November 4th, 2004, 01:11 PM
actually he has had his third shots and the vet said he can start playing in 2 weeks. The vet's given authorization that he can start puppy classes and go to daycare in 2 weeks, which would make him 3.5 months old.

m_apol
November 4th, 2004, 01:57 PM
That's a very interesting point. I too have a 10 wk old puppy with only 2nd shots. She shivers when we go for walks. Is it advisable to let her stay home with tons of energy? My vet said it's okay to go to puppy classes and she only had 2nd set of shots.
There is a HUGE leash free area in High Park but it would be too far from Vaughn. We went there last week but I don't think I trust my puppy yet to roam around leash free since she hasn't been microchipped yet.

Karsalis
November 4th, 2004, 02:10 PM
unless its my backyard i would never let my puppy run leash free . he runs soo fast he can get away!

mastifflover
November 4th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Aggie if it is not raining Sunday Morning Buddy and I will be there. Saturday is not good since I will have to take care of George and I am sure I will not be in the mood to be social. But call me I think you have my number if not pm me