Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

George of the Jungle

mastifflover
November 1st, 2004, 11:46 AM
Well on Saturday me and Buddy went to meet George (English Bulldog) at the Bulldog Rescue. Well they ran around and played for about 45 minutes with no fighting or growling. So we decided to take George home, we are fostering with the hope that if everything between Buddy and George goes well. George does have some aggression issues so far I have seen it twice, once when he had his toy and did not want anybody near it so once he is more comfortable and feeling like he is home we will start working on that. He actually lies there and guards them he so far has not growled at me and I think he is getting the idea that it would not be a good idea. The other time was when we were in a darker area of the loft and he seemed to growl at Buddy out of fear. When I was talking to Mary (rescue) she was telling me that he had eye surgery when she got him and because they never did the surgery before his corneas are scratched so I feel as she does that it has a lot to do with his vision and him not seeing everything at first. So we do have our work cut out for us but so far so good. I will post pics soon

jackieb
November 1st, 2004, 11:49 AM
good luck mastifflover hope everything goes ok

sammiec
November 1st, 2004, 11:54 AM
Oh Robin!! That sounds great! You're wonderful for fostering this little guy!! I hope everything goes very well for you guys. I don't think he could have a better palce then with you guys!! :D

raingirl
November 1st, 2004, 12:01 PM
It's good to hear that everything is working out with George. Can't wait to see some pics!

hounds003
November 1st, 2004, 12:30 PM
Lucky George!! Can't wait to see a picture!

Sheriffmom
November 1st, 2004, 01:17 PM
Hi Mastiff,
SOOOOO glad everything seems to be mostly great with George. After having seen and played with him, and then not being able (due to our situation) to adopt him, we were so hopeful that someone like you would come along. Please keep us posted. We are very interested in hearing about his progress.
Thanks again!! :angel: