Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog almost got hit by train!!

raingirl
October 31st, 2004, 11:04 AM
This just happened! I was sitting here surfing the net and I hear a train outside (not unusual since our building is beside the train tracks) and it's honking a lot. So I get up and look out the window. It's a via rail train, and it's slowing down.

I look down the track, and there's a dog on the track!! It looks like a german shepperd. I got pics below. As you can see, the train stopped, and the conductor came and took the dog off the track.

You can't see in the pic, but this part of the track is right above (to the right of) the leash free dog area in Chris Gibson Park in brampton. It looks like the dog hopped the fence and ran up the hill to the track.

We were there yesterday taking a walk (and talked to a nice woman with a foxhound for 30 minutes) and it's a nice place, but I can see how it being so close to the tracks might not be so safe, even more so now.

OK. Here are the pics now:

glasslass
October 31st, 2004, 01:14 PM
:eek: Thank goodness the train engineer was able to stop! The poor dog was probably frightened and didn't know what to do.

As a train enthusiast, I envy you your view, but I certainly wouldn't want to witness this kind of situation!

melanie
October 31st, 2004, 03:09 PM
the dog may be stray and have been near the park as it was attracted to an area that has dogs. i dont think any sane owner would let such a thing happen. strays do happen too. :D lucky the driver saw it