Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just bought a pit puppy

luvmypitbrodie
October 31st, 2004, 04:58 AM
I just bought a pit pup mainly because of this stupid ban...i was raised with a pit she was the best dog in the world never so much as chased a cat...anyways I don't get what this jerk is trying to do...Like ok, the pit will be banned then people will just find another breed to become a fighting dog..If they wanna start bannin dogs start with the poodle . I have been bitten 3 times in the past 2 yrs. by 3 different poodles..recieved 5 stitches on my face from one bite. I have to tell this story cause it goes to show about how none aggressive my dog was...a police officer came to my mom's one day when he came in ,he asked my mom to put the pit outside my momther laughed told him he'd prefer the cat be locked up(siamese) he proceeded to tell my mom not to be a smartass and lock the dog up..she did...he came in and from the top of the stairs our siamese cat dove onto his head and went psycho on him... i believe it is the owner of the dog not the breed my pup is only 8 weeks but i baby him soooo much...i have started to train him not to even nip while playing and he is learning quick....

Mysts38
October 31st, 2004, 06:32 AM
just bought a pit pup mainly because of this stupid ban

I dont understand this statement..did you get a pit puppy just to mainly spite the ban? did you do it for any other reasons? at least I hope you didnt get this puppy just to show everyone your dislike for the ban

Dwight Byrd
October 31st, 2004, 07:35 AM
You got a Pit puppy to make a point? I don't get it. Bringing an animal companion into our lives is supposed to be about:

# 1 - Wanting to provide a loving home to that animal.
# 2 - Making a committment to care for and provide all of the training/medical needs etc. of that animal for thier entire life.

I can't see getting a Pit puppy just to make a point.

glasslass
October 31st, 2004, 12:17 PM
...i was raised with a pit she was the best dog in the world...

i believe it is the owner of the dog not the breed my pup is only 8 weeks but i baby him soooo much...i have started to train him not to even nip while playing and he is learning quick....

Reading what Luvmypitbrodie has written, I'm interpreting this post to mean this puppy was adopted because of recognition from past experience that this breed has been unfairly singled out and they are out to prove it by being a responsible and loving owner to a pup who might otherwise not have had much chance of a good home. I'm hoping more people who recognize this will step forward to save the pitties that are going to be endangered.

LavenderRott
October 31st, 2004, 12:37 PM
Well, it would seem to me that now would be the perfect time for a pit lover in Ontario to adopt a pit if they are able. Yes, she could have waited a bit longer for the perfect house to come along first and yes, she could have waited a bit longer so that she had more money in the bank. But face it, in another month or so, that option may not be open to her.

My hope is that she is able to train this dog to be a good canine citizen and be quite an ambassador of the breed, which is what I am sure she intends to do.

Akeeter
November 1st, 2004, 12:35 AM
my shelter or rescue. There are a lot of adults, pups, Pittys, partbred Staffys that need to find a home- Soon. If somebody can & wishes to take the responsibilities for a dog, this would be a good time to do it.

( We have -2 large-over 125 lb dogs, & 4 cats + a 90 yr. old senior, a teenager, & 2 old far*ts.) :love:

trescanis
November 1st, 2004, 12:43 AM
shelter or rescue. There are a lot of adults, pups, Pittys, partbred Staffys that need to find a home- Soon. If somebody can & wishes to take the responsibilities for a dog, this would be a good time to do it.

Exactly what I was thinking. Let the breeder take responsibility for any new pit's being born where they are banned. Toooo many need our help in the jails of shelters.

Trescanis http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/1361.gif

sammiec
November 1st, 2004, 11:05 AM
Welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here. There are many animal lovers here that help us owners deal with the emotional stresses of this ban. There are very loving and compassionate people here!
I was a little concerned when I read your post about adopting in spite of the ban, I sat and thought about my reply for a little... I am glad... I wish there were others that would stand up and adopt when they have the chance. We have been considering another, but the timing right now is not very good for us and it's eating my alive. I wish for anything that we could get another pittie right now... maybe before the end of the year... hopefully..
Again welcome... and thank you for saving that pit bull from the possibility of a very short existence...

mastifflover
November 1st, 2004, 11:28 AM
Well done glad you adopted one of these sweeties and are going to give him a very loving home. Good Luck

Schwinn
November 1st, 2004, 11:43 AM
I think I undestand as well. It sounds to me like the ban only influenced your decision to get one at this time. As long as you love it and care for it, whatever your initial motivations are immaterial to me. Congratulations! I hope yours is as goofy and loving as mine is! (there's something about turning around and having her just standing there staring at you, giving the tail the slow wag.)