Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

for those that offered help!

peapod
October 30th, 2004, 05:55 PM
I posted my problem in August about inhereting my daughter's dog...an english, brittany spaniel cross. This dog was abandoned and found by my daughter. She could no longer keep the dog due to job restrictions so she flew her home to us. She was a nightmare...behavior wise, chasing lights, reflections and shadows. Her issues were thumbing her nose at me when I asked for come (which I believe she knew) jumping...digging...attacking my other dogs, licking and chewing everything... but a very loving gentle soul with adults and kids. I was at a loss to help her...didn't know where to begin and desperate because I knew we would be her last home. I found an incredible couple of people who, through behavior modification and obedience, are helping me to recreate the pup. I have come to realize it will be a slow process but the good news is it is working. We still have some frenzied moments but it is working. This is a dog that I truly thought might be beyond help...I was wrong. Why am I writing this...well to all of you at your wits end...been there and we are coming back...so hang in there...it's possible...peapod

pug lover
October 31st, 2004, 02:17 PM
there is a great bunch of people here willing to help :thumbs up thanks for the update, glad to hear everything is going well now

wAggie
November 4th, 2004, 10:17 AM
where's that clapping emoticon? :p

congrats! post some pix :D