Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Backyard friends

lilith_rizel
October 29th, 2004, 01:26 PM
I just went out to throw down some seed, in our backyard. We have a whole army of birds that live in our one tree, along with 2 black squirrels. About 4 days ago, there had to be ATLEAST 100 birds, with 5 or 6 different types, in a 15x15 foot area! I got the camera to take a picture, but they flew away before I was ready. I did however get pictures of the squirrles. They are amazingly tame enough where you can get within a couple feet from them. We buy our friends a 10 pound bag of sunflower seed every month. They seem to love getting goodies.

The first and third pictures are of either the more skiddish one. The one in the second picture, I think is a young squirrel. She is much smaller than the other black ones around here, and she seem to trust my husband and I more than the other one. I haven't picked out names for them yet, but I plan on it, even if I am not going to be here forever. I just love seeing black ones, compared to the other ones back home, they are all brown or grey. These two guys are really fun to watch.

Iggette
November 2nd, 2004, 07:34 AM
cute pics.....I love watching squirrels...could do it for hours.

lilith_rizel
November 9th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Here are the birds that live in a tree in the backyard. I couldn't get a picture of our cardinal, he flew away before the picture would take.

wAggie
November 22nd, 2004, 10:42 PM
how ur car ain't around for the after shock. :thumbs up

hhehehe, awesome pic :)

Bugsy
November 22nd, 2004, 11:53 PM
Oh my... they are sooo cute. Squirrels and birds no longer come in my back yard, they either fly over or walk along the electric wires. They massed together and formed a BUGSY EMBARGO.... My little :angel: becomes :evil:
if he sees them.

wAggie
November 23rd, 2004, 10:59 AM
My little :angel: becomes :evil:
if he sees them.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHA

same w my Honey :D

lilith_rizel
November 23rd, 2004, 11:18 AM
Half the time the birds and squirrels will only come out if Cano is out there. I guess they enjoy his company. The other week, Cano and one of the squirrels were actually playing with each other. The squirrel would run up to Cano and Cano would chase him a bit, then stop dead, until the squirrel would run back at him. I guess they were playing a game of tag!!! I don't know how he does it, but the wild critters adore him.