Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's up with my kitty?

JKC27
October 29th, 2004, 10:24 AM
I recently had my youngest kitten Wendel neutered (that is the male thing right?). This was done last Wed (Oct 20). He has since recovered fully and happily. However, ever since he has this unrelenting urge to run outside whenever I open the door to come in or out of my house. I have to chase after him every time. Mind you he does not go far, but still....

Also, related to this is the fact that when I am home, the 2 kitties get their food, water, etc. Wendel keeps on jumping up on the ledge of my front picture window, and constantly pacing by my side entrance, and meows non-stop at the top of his lungs. It seems that he can't wait to go outside again, and is practically begging to be let out. The older cat Tucker couldn't care less. And meows are every type imaginable.

What is going through this kitties head? I don't imagine he could be in heat after being fixed could he?

Lucky Rescue
October 29th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Male cats do not go into "heat" or estrus. Has Wendell ever been outside? Once a cat has been outdoors they often crave to do it again. Some don't.

Just try and occupy him with toys and play. Put a window seat or cat tree in front of a window so he can look out. Or you could take him outside in a harness.

Iggette
October 29th, 2004, 11:02 AM
I noticed my Botts had the same thing........before she was fixed she had zero urge to go outside.....she got out once and was real scared......but since she was fixed in april....she just loves the outside and runs out the door first chance she gets.... :confused:

JKC27
October 29th, 2004, 11:06 AM
He had only got out by 4 or 5 steps before. I can't figure it out. I keep him occupied and everything. He will play with the other cat, but then keep on meowing and stuff. Oh well, I will deal with it, but I hope it stops.