Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

to depute an upcoming Board of Health meeting (pitbull ban)

babyrocky1
October 28th, 2004, 07:22 PM
depute an upcoming Board of Health meeting about the ban
------------------------------------------------------------------------
To anyone who wants to speak on behaf of the pit bulls at the board of health meeting regarding the ban.This letter is from the mayors office, it explains how to be put on the speakers list. I'm told that the Ontario Veternary Medical ass. as well as the humane socioty and the animal alliance etc. have been invited. It is important that responsible owners make a strong showing. So pass along this information as well.

Thank you for contacting the Mayor's office regarding breed specific legislation for pit bulls.* The following will summarize the City's actions on this issue.
In light of recent incidents involving pit bulls, Toronto Public Health is currently reviewing measures that the City has in place to prevent vicious dog attacks. The Medical Officer of Health has been requested to report to the Board of Health at its' November meeting.* The report is expected to include the following:
A review of how other jurisdictions in Canada and else where have addressed the issue of vicious dog attacks
A review of the City's animal control by-laws
The advantages and disadvantages of policy options including breed-specific legislation, licensing measures, muzzling requirements, mandatory training for owners and any other measures which may be effective
Members of the public will have the opportunity to depute an upcoming Board of Health meeting.* If you wish to make a deputation, you may contact the Committee Administrator, Mary Carroll at (416) 392-7822.

Luvmypit
October 29th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Does anyone know when or where?

Dukieboy
October 29th, 2004, 08:34 AM
November 22, I think 1pm at City Hall. Call Mary Carroll 392-7822

also...check out my Dukes baby pictures in Pictures ;)

Luvmypit
October 29th, 2004, 10:17 AM
I wrote a comment about him in that thread but I have to tell you he is so sweet lookin!!!!