Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Michael Coren

Loki
October 28th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Michael Coren did a show on pit bulls today. He said that there is no way that a hospital would let a dog like a pit or rottie in to do therapy work.
If any one knows any therapy dogs, and the hospitals they work for
send him an email..

info@michaelcoren.com

seeker
October 28th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I sent an email telling him Oakley had 2 on about 2 weeks ago that are therapy dogs . I also asked him to report facts not opinions for once .

LavenderRott
October 28th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Who is Michael Coren and what makes him think that he is an expert?

I know several rotties in the U.S. that do therapy work. Some in childrens wards.

What a schmuck.

Loki
October 29th, 2004, 12:56 AM
Who is Michael Coren and what makes him think that he is an expert?

I know several rotties in the U.S. that do therapy work. Some in childrens wards.

What a schmuck.

He has a round-table type talk show( on Christian TV). I think he also does radio, and writes for the sun. You hit the nail on the head, he is a schmuck.
But he is a schmuck with an english-sounding accent. By the laws of Canadian media, that means he is smarter than Canadians. :)

Very arrogant, biased and ignorant. He said all pit bull owners are sleazy. On another show he said something like: There is no such thing as a responsible pit bull owner. If they were responsible, they would own another breed.

One of the guests was a woman that was attacked by a rotweiller. ( The show was about PITBULLS)
She claims that there are 3 types of pit bulls:
1. Cute little white puppies that attack.
2. Big attack dogs that attack.
3. Rotweillers
Oh yeah, and they all have locking jaw mechanisms.
They told her that pits and rotties were different breeds. She said that she has been studying this for years, and she knows the truth.

I didn't get the names of the panelists, but they had someone from the Toronto Humane Society, OVMA and a Liberal Mpp.

LavenderRott
October 29th, 2004, 06:29 AM
They told her that pits and rotties were different breeds. She said that she has been studying this for years, and she knows the truth.

Don't you just love it when the brightest of the bright are there to fight for BSL for you! Are these her own personal studies where she looks at all the evidence and leaps to a conclusion of her own or did she actually read this somewhere?

LavenderRott
October 29th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Send this little gem to Mr. Coren! Not only did this rottie save it's owners life, but she called 911 and unlocked the door for EMS!

Good Rottie Story (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/10/29/canine.caller.ap/index.html)

raingirl
October 29th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Isn't Michael COren the "Atto Insurance" guy? He used to do commercials for it...

Luvmypit
October 29th, 2004, 09:33 AM
I wrote him with some links to heroe dogs and therapy and search and rescue dog sites... Hopefully he chooses to inform himself.

Schwinn
October 29th, 2004, 09:37 AM
I wrote him with some links to heroe dogs and therapy and search and rescue dog sites... Hopefully he chooses to inform himself.

Unfortunately, I think you can put that on your list of things to hold your breath for.

I wonder how the bank manager, cops, ministers, doctors, etc. like to be referred to as "sleazy"?

Luvmypit
October 29th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Thats ok as long as I know I tried to inform him I can only hope he takes the initiative. I just sent another email to him from another address demanding an apology for his comments about the owners of these dogs. Mentioned that I am an avid watcher and now a former fan. I told him that I will never watch his show again until he does an informative show with facts or at the very least apoligize. I think if he gets enough email just like the liberals they don't care unless they think something of theirs will be compromised. Its all a game and if you don't play you can't win. :o

Schwinn
October 29th, 2004, 10:21 AM
I read some articles by him. You're just as well not watching that pompous you-know-what anyway. He seems to be an arrogant pseudo-intellect. In other words, he uses big words and talks like he knows what he's talking about.

Akeeter
October 31st, 2004, 01:42 AM
There's a Rotti right in the middle of the picture!! (Hamilton area St J. Amb. T.Dogs.)

glasslass
October 31st, 2004, 11:47 AM
I told him that I will never watch his show again until he does an informative show with facts or at the very least apoligize. :o

Maybe it would be more effective to write to the show's sponsors. Follow the $ source. It's all they care about!