Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some Kitty Care Questions

HappyApple
October 28th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Hi,
I just brough a 8 week old kitty home..have some kitty care questions.

Is it ok to take a bath with her now? Coz she have sticked some poo on her furs...i have try to cut them off and clean it..but it still smells~ But she's still small, I wonder if it's ok to take a bath for her.

Also, her claws become more sharp..I want to cut her nails..but still not dare to do it. But I don't want her to scrach my furnitures..and sometimes I also get some scrach from her when she's playing with me. What should i do?

heidiho
October 28th, 2004, 03:54 PM
I would cut the fur off,no way would i bath her......................

heidiho
October 28th, 2004, 03:54 PM
What do u mean take a bath for her???????????????/

CyberKitten
October 28th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I am assuming you mean giving her a bath? (Vous etes Franšais?) Many people in my area say they are going to get their hairs cut for example because in French, hair is cheveux so it's plural.

It's probably best to eash her where her hair is dirty. There are some exceptional cats that like water (apparently bengal cats do) but it would be less traumatic just to give her a sponge bath. You can purchase special kind of scissors to clip her claws (or the vet can do it when you take her to be neutered). Most PetSmart stores have them. Even Dollararama have some clippers (my sister from Boston found them when she was visiting and uses them for her Burmese and Siamese and they work as effectively as do the more expensive ones).