Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Declawing Again!!!

CyberKitten
October 28th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I think you all know how I feel about declawing (I actually think in Canada it should be banned as it is so many other countries). Imagine my shock (I am still searching for that perfect Siamese cat - so if anyone knows of any, LR the little guy I wrote you about was already adopted) :-( ) but I am meeting Otter next week (Oh joy!!)

Anyway, to continue -- imagine my shock when I came across this so called shelter that DECLAWS the front paws of the cats and kittens it takes in. I was so appalled. I can't imagine it. I have thoughts as to why they would do this but OMG!!! A rescue organization for heaven's sake!!

:mad: :mad:

Here is their url:

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MN105.html

They state that " All of our cats and kittens are tested for Feline Leukemia and for Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV). Any cat or kitten that is 4-5 months of age or older is spayed or neutered and front declawed."

What do others think?

GsdDiamond
October 28th, 2004, 03:49 PM
It's sickening to think they do this to every single cat that enters their doors. :mad:

Lucky Rescue
October 28th, 2004, 05:25 PM
This is horrendous. People seem to think that declawed cats get homes faster than clawed cats. This has NOT been our experience, and our declawed cats are adopted in about the same time.

That a shelter who is supposed to ease the suffering of animals perpetrates this abuse on cats who are already frightened, stressed, dumped or abused is despicable. :mad:

I think we should all write to this place and maybe open their eyes.