Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

questions about denture adhesive

raingirl
October 28th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Ok...I know it's an odd question.

I have vampire teeth I want to wear to work tomorrow. I've had them for years, but I ran out of the adhesive that came with them (they are little caps for the canines).

I went to the local costume store and they told me to get denture adhesive.

I got poligrip (cheapest stuff) and tried it last night but it wouldn't stick.

I kinda doubt anyone here has dealt with dentures before, but it's worth a shot.

So, anyone know how to use this stuff? It got all gummy and stickey, but didn't bond.

Thanks

Rachael

Karin
October 28th, 2004, 01:59 PM
I did this once 20 years ago for my daughter and she ended up sleeping in those teeth! We couldn't pry them off!

Think twice before using poligrip.

raingirl
October 28th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Sounds like i have the opposite problem. I can't get mine to stick!! I will have to experiment at home tonight.

Copper'sMom
October 28th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Try a specialty/party/costume store. Maybe they can help you out. This sure has me stumped!

Joelle
October 28th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Well, atleast we're all too young to answer that question!!!! :p LOL I would definitely try a specialty store and don't use denture cream unless you want those teeth in your mouth for the next 12 hours!!! What about that sticky bubblegum? hey, you never know!

Good luck with the teeth!!!! :D

lilith_rizel
October 28th, 2004, 04:48 PM
you could always try what my little sister did, use superglue!! (Joking) LOL. Only she used it to keep something on her finger. Boy was that a joy when my mom saw it.

raingirl
October 28th, 2004, 06:04 PM
It was the specialty costume store that told me to us denture cream, because that's what the professionals do.

I don't mind it sticking for 12 hours.

The problem is I tried the denture cream, but it didn't work!! It's like it doesn't activate or something.

The box says wash & dry the piece. Put some cream on the area to be bonded, rinse your mouth out, and attach the piece. Hold for a few seconds and it should hold. BUT IT DIDN'T!!

I will try again tonight....