Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my dog just gave me a fat lip

melanie
October 27th, 2004, 05:13 PM
we were just at the park, i bent down to pick up the ball and kiss her on the head on my way past, i am always kissing her head :love: .

as i bent down she lifted her head really fast and bang, she got me right in the lip with the top of her head, wow did it hurt she has a very very hard head, she didnt even feel it.

now my lip is all swollen on 1 side, looks just great, ruddy dogs, gotta laugh :love: :crazy: but really owwwww, it hurts.

Mysts38
October 27th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I hope you are OK! I remember after I had a serious dental surgery in my lower jaw..a friends dog jumped up to lick my face and nailed me with his big HARD head in the jaw in the exact place where the tooth was extracted..I thought I would pass out.....dang dogs

glasslass
October 27th, 2004, 05:30 PM
I did that one time with my mouth open. Good thing I had my tongue well inside or I probably would have bitten it off! Owwwww ! :p

melanie
October 27th, 2004, 05:42 PM
sometimes i think its best to laugh or i might just cry :D it made me cry when it happened, what a good look, crazy lady in her pyjamas/tracksuit standing in the middle of the park crying and holding her face. i am so lucky i did not bite my tounge, that would have put me over the edge, owwwww.

myst, one day a room mate of mine came home very drunk in the afternoon, i was not at home at the time. well when she came in my little charlie who was a pup at the time came racing out so excited and jumped on her, my room mate fell foreward and hit the step, and knocked out two of her teeth, she lost her front two teeth. oh dear charlie has a habbit of causing accidents, :rolleyes: . (my flatmate got the teeth replaced, i did not pay, she was so drunk she would not have fallen other wise) :rolleyes:

so now i bet my poor husband will get funny looks, my big swollen lip, no one will believe me when i say the dog did it :rolleyes: :p :D :rolleyes:

heeler's rock!
October 27th, 2004, 07:05 PM
YIKES!! I hope you feel better! My bosses dog did that to me this past weekend. I was taking off his coat as it was bloody cold on Saturday morning, and he jerked his head up real fast and got me on the chin!! I screamed in pain! Then, he was running around with a towel in his mouth. When he dropped it, I bent down to pick it up, and guess wht? BAM! He got me again in the jaw! He's a doberman and his head is like steel! I now have a bruise on my chin from him....ooooowwwwwww.......poor me.....LOL!!! :( :p

melanie
October 27th, 2004, 07:20 PM
oh heelers, owww that sounds painful. why do they have such hard heads, it is amazing, if only they were little dogs hey, their heads would not be so big and hard.

my girl once split her skull open right down the middle, after this mornings accident i was thinking how hard she had to have hit her head to split it open down the middle, boy now that would have really hurt, i reckon she would have felt that one (no continuing injuries from her split head, just a bad head ache and a bit of healing,) gosh what resilent hard heads they have :crazy:

oh and now im calling her hard hat for the day. :D :love:

dmc123
October 27th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Ouch! That made me hurt, been there and done that!

Delaney has the hardest head, and hasn't learn to give sweet smooches....well not everytime, she is 5, not sure she'll ever get it. We get bonked a lot from her, bless her heart!

We need padding to get smooches, lol.

~~dmc

Sneaky2006
October 27th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Aww mel, I am sure you're still gorgeous, even with a fat lip. Put some ice on it and then talk with a slurrrr, should be better by tomorrow! :D

BamaRama
October 27th, 2004, 09:19 PM
OH Mel! Poor you! And everyone else too with your stories of pain! Here's mine:

My parents have a german shepherd/greyhound cross that we adopted when I was in my late teens, her name is Daisy. Anyways, Daisy loves to roll around on the carpet with my Dad; and they were playing and going back and forth with her Kong when she accidentally caught my Dad in the eye with one of her nails :( My poor dad was bleeding and had to have eyedrops for a few weeks and almost had to have eye surgery but in the end it turned out alright. But boy does he love that dog. Accidents happen unfortunately!

Karin
October 27th, 2004, 09:27 PM
I have had shiners, busted lips and now I'm sportin' a good bruise on my lower left arm from Ciara. Rotti's are known for being clumsey.

Take it in stride and wear them proud.

Cover-Girl & Avon is your friend too.

heeler's rock!
October 27th, 2004, 10:11 PM
:p How true! They can hurt us, and we still love em! After my bosses dog did that, I was crying like a baby! All I kept saying is, "It isn't your fault. It isn't your fault." The dogs I walk have hit me hard in the nose to the point where my eyes teared up bad, they've nipped me, even knocked me to the ground and dragged me accross the grass!! YAY FOR PUPPIES! Our lives would be so uneventful without them eh? :thumbs up

elmoy
October 28th, 2004, 06:00 AM
I feel bad for all of you.

My poodle gets really excited when I come home, she jumps and dances etc.
well one day, she did her thing and caught my nose stud.. :eek:
boy, it hurt so bad, I had to take it off. But not once did I get mad, it wasn't her fault, she just loves her mama! :love:

melanie
October 28th, 2004, 04:47 PM
lips lookin better today, well it adds character i say :love: :D

and no charlie did not get in trouble or anything when it happened, she didnt mean it, she cant help having such a hard head. :D :crazy: :love:

lilith_rizel
October 28th, 2004, 04:53 PM
My husband was laying on the floor one day, playing with Cano, and Cano ended stepping on him, James said it was the worst pain he had ever felt down there, and that it was worse than them being hit by paintballs.

Copper'sMom
October 28th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Ouch!!!! It's happened to me a few times. A couple times Copper bumped my nose. Amazingly enough, it didn't bleed. Sure did hurt though......

glasslass
October 28th, 2004, 06:50 PM
What hurts is when Puss-Puss steps on my chest in bed! Oww!

Writing4Fun
November 9th, 2004, 05:56 PM
lips lookin better today, well it adds character i say
Adds character? Oh, well, that's good. 'Cause Phoebe just gave me a black eye. Wonder if the other moms at the bus stop in the morning will believe it was the dog and not hubby...

melanie
November 9th, 2004, 05:59 PM
yes character, when you see the mums at the bus stop, give them a good old 'har har me mateys' tell them your doing a pirate impersonation, that or a pub brawler, you cna regale them with stories of battling 50 men to the ground with your bare hands, to come out of the scrap with nothing but a black eye :D :D

Writing4Fun
November 9th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Yo ho, me hearty! You always crack me up, Mel. :D *Sigh* The things we put up with from our pets. :crazy:

Schwinn
November 9th, 2004, 06:23 PM
One day I was playing with Daisy and her rope, and when she stopped tugging, I bent over and got about an inch from her face. That's when she did the "death shake", right into the side of my melon. Next thing I remember is staring into space and sitting on my butt trying to figure out what happened, as my step-father was busy killing himself laughing, and asking if I was okay. Meanwhile, Daisy was standing in front of me slapping me with the rope so I'd grab it again. This is why my wife affectionately refers to both of us by the same nickname...Dumbass.

squarejane
November 10th, 2004, 12:28 AM
i've had a few of those dog head-butts or even kid head-butts so i sympathize... but the worst i've ever seen was my mum who got a horse head-butt... right to the bridge of her nose. yup. broke it good. and again, going to the hospital and hoping that noone thought it was dad who did it!

p.s. melanie, i love that you called your dog "ruddy". i haven't heard that expression in such a while... made my day! :)

chico2
November 10th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Mel,next time turn the other cheek....puffy,fat lips is very IN right now... :crazy: Kidding aside,that must have been a real owwwwie,sorry :sad:

mastifflover
November 10th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Ouch Been there done that got the bruise Buddy got me one day I was kissing his now and he turned around a whack hit my mouth and put my tooth through my lip. But he was trying to give kisses back but his head feels like it is made of cast iron.

melanie
November 10th, 2004, 02:36 PM
cicho my darlin, it is writing 4 fun who copped the balck eye, either that or thats her cover story for the pub brawling, i am wondering about that one. but my lip has returnedto noraml size, thank god for that.

square jane, no her name is charlie (girl of course) she is called a ruddy pain in the butt but that is not her official name. i use the word ruddy often, esp when my nehew and neice bugger around. bugger, bloody and ruddy, those three words form the basis of my language and expression. :D

ruddy dogs and big animals in general, owwwwwwie. :eek:

squarejane
November 11th, 2004, 01:55 AM
oops, i didn't mean that you called the dog ruddy but rather that you REFERRED to the dog as ruddy! :) made me happy!

now, what to do about my ruddy cat who attacks my head and eats my hair?

Bugsy
November 11th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Yup, bumps, bruises and scratches that turn into nicely defined linear bruises...all courtesy of Bugsy.

He needs that yellow tape you see at construction sites... as a collar :D