Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What kinds of things do you use to RePEL?

Mysts38
October 27th, 2004, 04:05 PM
I poured some lemon juice on some moles outside that Hannah kept going for..she took a lick and backed off....so Iam gonn use lemon juice and vinegar frm now on for outside and bitter apple for inside

I know from reading that these things can be used to repel

Lemon Juice
Bitter apple
Dog Off
Vinegar
Hot Pepper sauce
Cayenne Pepper
Bitter Orange
Meat Tenderizer

ANyone have any more ideas they would like to add?

melanie
October 27th, 2004, 04:43 PM
my girl lobves to eat plants, but so many are toxic and she has a thing fro a plant called oleander, very bad for animals and humans. so the best thign i have come up with is curry powder. oleander grows on a tree so i just sprinkle the powder on the leaves closest to her, she went for them once and she has not touched touched oleander since. but i will try lemon juice in future, i could just put it in a spray bottle an go for the plants, silly puppies :D

Shaykeija
October 28th, 2004, 12:46 AM
I was using hot pepper sauce but my vet said it could get in Akieja's eyes. I used Ivory bar soap on cords and things. Akeija didn't like the taste and stopped chewing. Now this dog was amazing, she ate the inside of a mercedes, :eek: fur coat and made her own exit out of a wall. She died in 2002 at 15 years old,and I still laugh about the car. Dumb boy friend left her in there for about an hour in the winter. She was an collie/golden cross and my closest friend.

jjgeonerd
October 28th, 2004, 11:00 AM
My crazy dog LOVES lemon juice! I tried to use it to get her to leave things alone and now anytime I'm cooking with it she just site there waiting for some! :p

TalonsMa
October 28th, 2004, 11:23 AM
My crazy dog LOVES lemon juice! I tried to use it to get her to leave things alone and now anytime I'm cooking with it she just site there waiting for some! :p

So does Solara!!! She will even eat limes or lemons :)