Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Golden Boy

Mysts38
October 27th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Here are some pics of my golden boy Cujo..who passed away this sept...we miss him still

goldenblaze
October 27th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Cujo is a hunk...... I'm sure you miss him and will for a long time, I still miss my Kaiger he passsed away April 7th. little Miss Hannah will full the void like Blaze has for me but still it is there for many yrs to come I think. I am fighting in memory of Kaiger with the petition I started, hope it helps some. Again your son was beautiful! :)

glasslass
October 27th, 2004, 01:53 PM
You never stop missing them. They were members of your family. But the memories are always sweet! :sad:

Mysts38
October 27th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Hi Lori-Thanks for your appreciation

I can talk about him now,but the pain is still so fresh and I do well up with tears every now and again.He would have SO loved Hannah..he adored puppies and was such a gentle giant..he would even play gently with the smallest toad...

When he was around a pup,he would bend down and let the pup do wht pups do best,chew and bite...god I loved him so much..I never realized how much I could love a dog until he came into our lives

I know baby hannah will never replace my buddy..but with all the love I had for my Cujo...will overflow onto her Iam trying to be the gentlest(but firm) of mommys to her..I want to raise her with a gentle hand and firm touch so that she grows knowing she is so WELL LOVED and respected by us all..I belive that is what CUjo would have wanted as well

goldenblaze
October 27th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Call me crazy or whatever you wish but I believe I have Blaze as part of Kaiger and Blaze has one sweet angel watching over him! I still have tears for Kaiger as he is a dog I will never forget. Hannah is there to help you with your pain of losing Cujo and know that Hannah aswell has a angel looking over her. Enjoy her and charish your memory of Cujo, I think most big dog can be so gentle, Blaze gets down for Jordie to jump on him or do whatever he wants, such a gentle boy.

It is weird how we love our dogs, I love dogs more than people and often through out my life people have said it is not normal... well it is to me and I will not change anytime soon. My dogs come first.... sorry to say even before my husband and he knows that to be a fact. Enjoy you new baby time will help with the pain.
:)

Dwight Byrd
October 27th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Hi Mysts,

What a handsome fella Cujo was. That "golden" love is so special. I know that when we lost kokee in October 2003, we thought that our world had ended. We still miss him. I am happy that you had room in your heart for Hannah. In the same way, we brought "Buddy" our four year old golden rescue into our lives in April. It has taken time and patience, but the change in him is incredible. He is such a big suck and we just love him. Attached is a pictire of Kokee.

Dwight Byrd
October 27th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Here is Buddy.

goldenblaze
October 27th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Buddy is lucky to have found you.
Kokee ( sweet name ) was really nice dog too, we know how we miss them but will always remember them too.
Here is my Blaze now 9 months old .

Mysts38
October 27th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Lori-No I dont thinkyou are crazy for believing that your Kaiger is guiding you,I feel the same way about Cujo and I still talk tohim

Dwight-thanks for your words and what gorgeous boys those goldens are

Joelle
October 28th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Mysts38, Dwight Byrd, and Goldenblaze,

Your Goldens are all very pretty. I know what its like to lose one too! :( I wish I had a scanner to show you her picture. We lost Jessie two years ago...I still cry about it even now... :sad: They're great dogs, the best there are! I'd love to get another one though I don't think my mother could ever handle the grief of another loss....