Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anybody Know of Home Boarding for Dogs

Deejay
October 27th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Does anyone know of anyone in the Toronto area that dog sits for a reasonable rate? I'm having a really tough time with my current situation, work is going nuts, I'm going to be travelling more and cannot afford to pay hundred of dollars for someone to look after my dog for a couple of weeks.

Has anyone had any experiences of this sort?

I've also been looking into finding him a new home, which I am not in any huge rush to do, but was hoping if things work out with a good, reliable dog-sitter that is affordable, that I may not have to go that route.

I guess this is what it really boils down too, can I have a life, be single, travel and be a good dog owner?

Is there anyone out there that knows of anyone that loves dogs, loves to dog-sit and doesn't charge an arm and a leg?

Delirium
October 27th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Where are you located?

Dee

Deejay
October 27th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Toronto, Davenport & Christie area.

goldenblaze
October 27th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Well not sure if I can help since you live a few hours from me but I do doggie daycare in my home and love it. Today I have a golden for a few hours. This weekend I have a beagle from friday to sunday. Love it and taking more each week, anyone looking in my area please feel free to email me. The doggies that come here are treated as my own, sleeping in my bed and real food just like my boys. If Mommy saids it is ok of course! :)

Delirium
October 27th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Bah, sorry. The only one I know enough about to offer a reference only only goes as far south as Aurora.

Dee

Deejay
October 27th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Thanks all to those who replied. Anyone know of anyone in Toronto?

LL1
October 27th, 2004, 04:23 PM
I know the man that runs this Doggy daycare, he's very nice:

http://theoriginaldoghouse.com/

And there is a list here of dog walkers/in home sitting etc:

http://www.torontodogs.com/daycare.htm

schnauzerlove
October 27th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Well not sure if I can help since you live a few hours from me but I do doggie daycare in my home and love it. Today I have a golden for a few hours. This weekend I have a beagle from friday to sunday. Love it and taking more each week, anyone looking in my area please feel free to email me. The doggies that come here are treated as my own, sleeping in my bed and real food just like my boys. If Mommy saids it is ok of course! :)

Goldenblaze: I just send you a PM. I'm interested in your doggie daycare. :)

Shelby
October 27th, 2004, 07:58 PM
You could also try looking into boarding kennels, not sure if they do it over there, but many kennels in Australia offer doggie daycare services as well. We have just re-turfed our back lawn because we are about to move house, so I have been dropping Izzy and Wilson off to doggie daycare at a kennel just down the road. When I took them in this morning, there was a supervised playgroup session on so we put them straight in to play with the other dogs. They looked so happy..

SpunkyGirl
November 10th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Hello fellow dog lovers! This thread is such a good thing for those of us who sometimes have to be away and can't take doggie with us. My black lab is a total sweetheart -- full of fun and loving towards both people and dogs.

I really need to find a good boarding facility over the upcoming holidays (2 weeks). It's good to know there are some good ones around, but basically I just want to meet a loving person(s) with good dog nurturing and caretaking skills... for feeding, daily walks, play, body rubs and a clean, cozy place where Bessy can sleep in their home over the holidays. (No harsh discipline or abuse or kennels please.) All suggestions are welcome.

I will keep watching for responses. You are also welcome to send me PM when I can receive it. (Kinda new here! :) )

:love:

Prin
November 10th, 2005, 08:15 AM
I think you're better off starting a completely new thread for this... This thread is kinda old...;)

lezzpezz
November 10th, 2005, 12:03 PM

THIS is what I would LOVE to do here in London, but the zoning bylaws do NOT allow home daycares of this sort.

Suggestions?

free
November 10th, 2005, 01:11 PM
i have used somebody up in lindsay if you will be willing to drive up there. i know she picks up in toronto and york region

raingirl
November 10th, 2005, 01:50 PM
I met with the OP for this post and she ended up finding a new home for this dog. we considered her dog, but it wasn't a good match.

SpunkyGirl
November 11th, 2005, 01:59 AM
I don't know you, so I have to wonder how you would know who I am and who Bess is. Who gave you access to that info?

I will follow up. :confused:

SpunkyGirl
November 11th, 2005, 02:46 AM
The administrator has not given me PM privileges yet, and I can not post private info. So, sorry, but you will have to post the info here about this lady in Lindsay and how we can be in touch. Thanks again for this helpful post!! :thumbs up

i have used somebody up in lindsay if you will be willing to drive up there. i know she picks up in toronto and york region

raingirl
November 11th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Spunkygirl, I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the posted DeeJay. I met her once about a year ago when she was looking to rehome her dog. We met for coffee and discussed it, as I was looking for a dog at the time. She wanted someone who was home during the day though, which we weren't...so we didn't get the dog.

I wasn't talking about you and I have no idea who Bess is??

free
November 11th, 2005, 12:29 PM
spunkygirl her website is jogadog.ca dianne is really great with dogs
even my difficult dog loved her and he became less timid with people and other dogs

SpunkyGirl
November 11th, 2005, 02:12 PM
OK RainGirl - it was hard to tell, no names mentioned etc., but thank you. And good doggy day to you!

:thumbs up