Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Three cheers for neutering!

Delirium
October 27th, 2004, 07:41 AM
My foster dog was finally healthy enough to be neutered about 3 weeks ago. While I love the guy and am committed to him, I have to admit now that his pre-neuter behaviour was grating on me a bit. You do what you have to do and I tell you, it was a constant battle to try and train him to stop chasing our female beagle (spayed of course). I'd have dealt with it, but i'll tell you the last two days have been great! I think his levels of whatever are finally coming down because he has hardly even noticed our other dog and has been very manageable. Yaaa for happy beagles and beagle Mom!

Just wanted to share my joy! Yaaa for neutering!

Dee

Lucky Rescue
October 27th, 2004, 09:52 AM
I'm sure your female beagle is doing the Happy Snoopy Dance too! :D

Mysts38
October 27th, 2004, 10:01 AM
You will BE SO GLAD that the deed has been done! :thumbs up

mastifflover
October 27th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Now life will be so much easier now, without testosterone boy running around being a horn dog. Your little lady must be so happy.

Mysts38
October 27th, 2004, 10:15 AM
HAHAHAHAHA Mastifflover..that was too funny..thanks for the laugh :D

glasslass
October 27th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Den-Den 1 and 2 were intact. Den-Den 3 and 4 both neutered. I'll never not neuter again! A real win-win action! :thumbs up

Delirium
October 27th, 2004, 12:25 PM
I wish we could have neutered earlier because he and I had a few arguments that I think could have been avoided. Still, it was better for his health that we waited. What's done is done now.

I was worried for a while though because the week after he was neutered his behaviour got even worse with Sneaky. It was like he knew it was only a matter of time until he calmed down so he was trying to get as much out of his time as possible. :rolleyes:

Of course now that he's being an angel, its going to make it that much harder to adopt him out.

*sighs*

*hugs Toby*

Dee

mastifflover
October 27th, 2004, 12:41 PM
I takes a little while for the scent and the effects to wear off but it is a great solution to behaviour issues as well as population control