Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

German shepherd needs home i might give it

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 12:05 PM
She was used for breeding ,owner didnt want her anymore,the girl that rescued her cannot keep her,she is 4 years old,gets along great with her kids,getting spayed in two weeks...I am gonna go see her friday,which is my b-day,might be a sign........

aussiemedogs
October 26th, 2004, 12:07 PM
What a beauty!!!!! Take the sign........keep the girl! :crazy:

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 12:14 PM
That is what i say,she said she trusts her enough that she has would have no problem leaving her child alone with dog,said she is a sweetheart,she is the one with the red collar....Only weighs about 65 pounds,was only 45 pounds when she rescued her,she eats with her othre dogs,no problems at all..

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Here is another pic.....

doggy lover
October 26th, 2004, 12:37 PM
She is a lovely dog. Go for it. I just lost my Bernese mountain dog cross with German sheppard this January and he was a wonderful pet great with kids of all ages, I also grew up with my grandfathers GSD he had been abused you had to be careful with him, but I never had problems with him. Here is a pic of Travis..

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 12:40 PM
How cute is he....Good lookin dog,yeah i miss my gsd,i am rady for a sweet,loveable dog,mine was very aggressive,which i had a hand in make him that wya,i know what not to do now,and she said this one is just a sweetheart,and she has to find her a home,gonna meet them at a park on friday...I cannot wait...Really wanted to get one from humane society but all signs are pointing to this girl..

lilith_rizel
October 26th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Heidiho,
My husband grew up around a german shepard. His name is Rambo. I have seen Rambo, and he is huge, but such a sweetheart. I hope that you are able to adopt this shepard. She is so beautiful! I have to tell my hubby to get me one! LOL (say that everytime I see a dog. Think there are like 50 breeds that I want now LOL)

Lucky Rescue
October 26th, 2004, 01:31 PM
She is just beautiful!! This might be much better for you heidi - an older dog, housetrained and calmer, who can be trusted alone and not be as needy as a puppy.

I have always adopted adult dogs and it's really very gratifying.:)

mastifflover
October 26th, 2004, 01:35 PM
I think she might be your answer to the perfect dog for you Heidi good luck Older and calmer and this I think is what you need in a dog.

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 01:36 PM
After damien,i just love gsd,i think they are awesome,i cant wait to go see her,i have held out,thought about a smaller breed,or a cat,but my gut and heart are telling me to go with a gsd,and it is alifetime commitment so i am gonna get the dog i really want..I can wait to see her.

Goldenmom
October 26th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Heidi, just checking in and saw your post. Wow, sounds like an excellent opportunity for you?

Heather

sammiec
October 26th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Heidi, that's great!! I hope it all works out for you!! Please, keep us updated!

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Thanks,i am pretty excited,she is so beautiful,i cant wait to meet her...Best b-day gift i could get...... :party: :party:

goldenblaze
October 26th, 2004, 03:05 PM
I so hope you and she have many many more birthdays together, make this a birthday you will never forget. Poor girl used for breeding owner doesn't want her now, Thank God she will now be wanted and love at the same time. Have a great weekend girls!

My smiles are not working or there would be a few party hats on this message.

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Thanks you guys,making me more excited to see her..Here is the last pic the lady sent me..Yeah the breeder was done with her,so she got rid of her....

glasslass
October 26th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Heidiho! :thumbs up I'm happy and excited for you! Your heart will tell you if it's right and sounds like maybe you'll be good for each other. I know you agonized over Damien and did the right thing for him. How is his training going? Wasn't it for rescue work? Do you know her previous history? How many litters? What kind of environment? Who are you adopting through? Anxious to hear how your meeting goes.

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 03:28 PM
I still agonize over him,my best friend is the one that found her,i only know the breeder is done with her and the lady that has him cant keep him,but gets along great with her other dogs they can eat out of the same bowl,she was underweight when she got her now weighs about 65 pounds..I jsut want a sweet loveable dog and i will be happy with that... :D

Sneaky2006
October 26th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Good luck! After all you've been through in the past, I really hope she works out and you can bring her home next week!
:D

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Thanks,i would love to bring her home on my b-day..That would be the best gift ever..She said she is getting spayed it two weeks,so i dont know if that means she is keeping her til then or not....

Sneaky2006
October 26th, 2004, 03:37 PM
I was thinking, it may be best if she did keep her till after she's spayed... you don't wanna have her for a few days and then kick her to the vet... I don't know, I think if I had a choice it would be after her spay and she's already healing.

glasslass
October 26th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Yeah, it might be better if she associates you with the recovery and healing time, rather than think you caused her discomfort.

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Didnt think of it that way ,good idea... :thumbs up :thumbs up

glasslass
October 26th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Haven't you seen all those patient/nurse love themes in the movies and books? Falling in love with your doctor after a serious illness? Oh Heidiho, get your Florence Nightengale act together! This gal is gonna need lovin & cuddling! :sick: :D

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Well there will be no shortage of lovin and cuddlin,this dog [if she is the one]will be spoiled alot,i have no kids,no man[dont really want either]so she will be the new queen of the house....And she will be sleeping in my bed....I will be talking to the girl friday,i will find out if i can do that.....

melanie
October 26th, 2004, 04:40 PM
well heidi arent you lucky you have all the new posters to agree with you and dont know your history,, if you were suitable to take her right now you would not have to ask, you would know, so dont come looking for my approval to make yourself feel better, becuase for the umpteenth dozen time i am not going to give it to you, i wonder what all the ppl that used to be here and would know your histroy think of this?.,

you seem to think you are capable of this now but yet you have at no stage mentioned learning anything about dogs or the breed, do what you like heidi, you seem not to be taking into account the realiity of the situation, your living space, the breed you like, the fact that you had one problem dog already that you could not cope with it and are seriously considering getting this girl who will have problems.

if moderators consider this being deliberatly rude please let me know, i dont think it is and it is true statement of fact so if there is a problem let me know, there are some very unclear lines in the rules and i dont want to cross them but feel the need to express to this person. thank you

tyr
October 26th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Awwwww, such a cutie!!!! Enjoy your new bestfriend! :D

Dwight Byrd
October 26th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Hi Heidi,

I wish you all of the luck in the world. What a lovely dog, a real beauty. I just brought my own 4 year old rescue home in April ("Buddy"" and I have never looked back. I feel so blessed. You will too.

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Melanie i know what went on in my house,you have no idea what i have been doing with my time,maybe i have done some things to learn more,but i really dont need to explain myself to you for that matter,you know what i write here and that is it,i know about your pm to your buddy that you wrote about me,

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 04:52 PM
As for my living space,any place is better than no home for a dog......I am happy you know everything about me just from what i write here.

trescanis
October 26th, 2004, 05:03 PM
"she said she trusts her enough that she has would have no problem leaving her child alone with dog"

And this statement came from a "rescuer"??????? I wouldn't trust a Peke alone with a child, never mind a 85 lb dog!! What an incredibly irresponsible statement!!!!! Who is the person or org you may be getting her from?

Do you have obedience classes near your home? (obedience is also for bonding ) Do you now have the funds to vet her if needed? Have you actually studied this breed? I don't mean flit through a couple of 50 page books, or read things here and there on the web....I mean in depth studied? I too remember all the drama Damien had to endure from you because you did not know the breed. ( just the facts mamm )

Trescanis http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/fest/h7.gif

melanie
October 26th, 2004, 05:05 PM
if calling me names will help, feel free mate, water of a ducks back. but then there is no reason to get angry at me, you dragged us into that whole situation with him and you know that. so basically you say something bad happened, and then you say i want another dog with no information in the middle, what am i supposed to think or assume, you give me no other information, and lets not forget you are the one who asked for opinions by posting this here.

oh and heidi, i dont care if you read the pms i post to other ppl, i would never say anything i would not want you or anyone else to read anyway so whatever.

mastifflover
October 26th, 2004, 05:15 PM
I was here too but I think and hope that she has learned a lot since then and will not hesitate to ask more questions if she has problems. But if you start beating up on her if she does need help she will not ask.So why cant we give her the benefit of the doubt and wish her luck and know she can come here and ask questions. HEIDIHO Definitely take an obedience class it is for you and the dog it will help bond you two. Also remember it takes time and not to push her to bond it will happen as she starts to trust you. It by no means happens overnight you have to earn trust. Just be patient and talk to her a lot I find they get used to your voice and makes them feel safer the more they get to know you.

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Well sir,i am sure she would not leave her child alone,it was a statement that is how much she trusts this dog...I am not here to be bombared with how i should not get a dog again, or what kind of rescue is she,i know what went on in my house,what i did wrong,and what i did not do wrong,i havent even met the dog yet so why dont you take a pill and get off my a**....And mel the e-mail was sent to me that you wrote so please spare me what you have to say,because i really dont care.I am so happy certain people here Know everything about people just from e-mails...............

Lucky Rescue
October 26th, 2004, 05:41 PM
I do not think melanie is being rude. She is just giving her opinion, which is entitled to do.

She did not name-call (unlike YOU heidi) and I certainly understand her concerns.

I think heidi made a mistake with Damien. Taking on a high-energy puppy is a challenge, and in this case it didn't work. We all make mistakes, and the only bad part is if we do not learn from them. I think all of us hope that heidi has learned something, and won't repeat her mistake.

heidi, there is no reason for you to fly into a rage because one person may not agree with you. That is hardly reasonable or mature, is it? This is a message board, and when you publicly post, you can hardly demand that everyone agree with you.

I have deleted your profane name-calling, and don't want to see any more of it. Mature people can discuss issues without swearing.

goldenblaze
October 26th, 2004, 05:45 PM
I am misunderstanding what is going on, but I hope this dog finds a good home she sure is beautiful! :)

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Because i saw Melanies private e-mail about me,and i really dont care for her opinions,and judging me,like she knows me so well,but that is fine................................I will be sure to not call her what she is and keep it to myself......I never claimed to be perfect does not mean i should not get a dog again gsd or not...............I find what she wrote to be rude,you dont that is fine..........

Bearsmom
October 26th, 2004, 06:09 PM
heidiho-congratulations. I absolutely love gsds, and am looking forward to getting one ourselves. She looks like a stunning dog!

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 06:19 PM
What is going on is,i had a gsd which i was not feeding enough,thought i was doing the right thing,he turned out to be food aggressive which led to other seriuos problems,i found him a GREAT home,didnt have the money at the time to get personal training for him...That is the short of it,so some people think that should ban me for life from getting another,things have changed,i have learned what not to do, i WILL be getting another dog.........

Bearsmom
October 26th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear that.

I know when we rescued Bear (he was badly abused by his owner) he was very food aggressive-he lived with 6 other puppies with NO training, used to wolf his food then puke it up. We switched him to a larger chunk food, so he had to chew his food thoroughly before swallowing. We also used to sit on the floor beside him while he ate, and take his food away constantly. It cured the food aggression.

I'm no expert on dog training, but if you feel you can handle a dog, then why not? If you decide you don't want this dog, we'll certainly consider it, as long as she gets along with other dogs, and small children.

Keep me posted.

Bearsmom
October 26th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Heehee, never mind. I just noticed you're from Arizona!

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 06:43 PM
I tried a few different things when i had him,but it just got worse,he was a very head strong little guy,i just messed up with him,i payed the price,i miss him every day,but i know i did the right thing in the end,so i am lookin foward to seeing this gsd,hopefully she is everything this lady says she is..... :crazy:

heidiho
October 26th, 2004, 06:44 PM
:eek: What were you gonna say??

glasslass
October 26th, 2004, 07:17 PM
I'm inclined to think there is a big difference between a young male pup and an older mother dog. I'm sure Heidiho is more aware and the dog's temperment is completely different. I have been impressed with Heidiho's willingness to accept her part of the blame for some of Damien's problems. My previous 3 dogs were all so easy. When I got Den-Den 4, he had me in tears several times with his willfulness and aggression. But, at 4yo, he settled down into a wonderfully sensitive gentle dog. All dogs are different, and my previous successful experience with 3 dogs made me think I knew how to do it. Den-Den put me through my paces, believe me, but he was worth it! Heidiho, I wish you happiness! Take your time to evaluate this dog's nature and to feel if you're right together. You know the pitfalls and I think you deserve a second chance to do it right. You're not entering into this blindly as you did before.

PaulaOH
October 26th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Hope it works out!

goldenblaze
October 26th, 2004, 08:10 PM
What is going on is,i had a gsd which i was not feeding enough,thought i was doing the right thing,he turned out to be food aggressive which led to other seriuos problems,i found him a GREAT home,didnt have the money at the time to get personal training for him...That is the short of it,so some people think that should ban me for life from getting another,things have changed,i have learned what not to do, i WILL be getting another dog.........

Sorry if you thought I was asking, I was not meaning for it to come across that way at all. I just hope this dog gets a good loving home where ever that might be. :)

GsdDiamond
October 27th, 2004, 08:23 AM
GSD huh? Well, you know I'm a bit of a fan of the breed! :D
Apparently I'm doing pretty good (according to the vet and others who see her) so if you need advice, feel free to ask. If it's something I haven't come across with Diamond, I'm sure others here have advice that'll work!

Good luck with the visit today. I'm sure you're ready for another dog!! :thumbs up

heidiho
October 27th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Goldenblaze you didnt say anything to offend me,i hope it goes well also,i can look back and see all the thigns i shouldnt have done,i dont have him now because i did some things wrong and if i could go back and change it i would in a second,no one could begin to understand how much i miss him and still..But also no one sees all the things i did do good for him and teach him,she didnt say he could be a service dog for no reason i taught him ALOT of things..GSD i am sure i will be asking you alot of stuff if i get her,thanks.... :crazy:

lilith_rizel
October 27th, 2004, 10:50 AM
I wish you the best of luck, Heidi. I am sure this time around will be much easier, being that the dog is older and has already had training.

heidiho
October 27th, 2004, 10:53 AM
I think so to,and i havent even met her yet,so who knows...Even if she is not the one,when i do get one it will be an older dog..