Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pulse24 reports hes gonna do it anyways

Luvmypit
October 26th, 2004, 11:45 AM
:mad: Kicked Out

Despite an outcry from pit bull owners, the Ontario government plans to go ahead with legislation to ban the creatures.

On Tuesday the Liberals will table a bill to kick the dogs out of the province after a series of nasty attacks.

Attorney General Michael Bryant isnít going to relax his plan to ban the animals because he thinks pit bulls are dangerous. Those who already live in Ontario will be allowed to stay, although their owners will have to make sure theyíre muzzled and leashed in public.

Bryant wants the ban to be in place and enshrined in law by the time the year ends.

While some owners say that pit bulls are being treated unfairly, Bryant claims there are stories about attacks on people and other animals every week. And he didnít think just bringing in a muzzle law would put a stop to them. Bryant insists that a complete ban is the best way to safeguard people and their pets.

sammiec
October 26th, 2004, 11:56 AM
I don't think I have ever felt such utter comtempt for a "person" before. This man is every citizens worst nightmare. A government official that will not listen to the public, nor will pay any attention to FACTS!!!

HE NEEDS TO BE FORCED OUT OF OFFICE!!!

Though many people do not like pit bulls MANY people still feel that banning one breed is wrong - that should count for something, like he should investigate other options to keep the public happy. I hope this ban is what gets this man out of office.

What a complete moron! Why would he ask for the public's opinion and ignore it? I find that more of an insult PRETENDING to give a flying crap what people have to say... what a loser!
http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb097.gif http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb116.gif http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb260.gif http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb292.gif

Oh, If only I could say what I'm REALLY thinking!

Luvmypit
October 26th, 2004, 12:11 PM
He is also quoted as saying hes not worried about the challenge in court because Kitchener owners tried that and failed. I hope he rots in ..... well you know where. honestly I feel your sentiments I totally hate this guy. :sad: :mad:

sammiec
October 26th, 2004, 12:17 PM
He is also quoted as saying hes not worried about the challenge in court because Kitchener owners tried that and failed. I hope he rots in ..... well you know where. honestly I feel your sentiments I totally hate this guy. :sad: :mad:

Kitchener is a city with the population of about what 250, 000... try a WHOLE province buddy....he has his head so far up his butt...

Luvmypit
October 26th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Funny i thought that still was a responsibility of all registered gun owners. This guy has just stopped making sense. I can't believe people can sit idly by.... :mad:

Pit bull ban bill introduced

KEITH LESLIE
CANADIAN PRESS

The Ontario government wants its legislation to ban pit bulls province-wide passed into law by the end of this year, Attorney General Michael Bryant announced today.

Bryant said the legislation, which was to be introduced today, will include a grandfather clause to protect pit bulls already in the province, but will require those dogs to be muzzled and leashed whenever they're in public.

"The most humane way, over time, for them to be banned, is the ban we're proposing whereby existing pit bulls" can stay, said Bryant. "But they're just too dangerous without the muzzles and leashes."

Bryant said he pushed for a total ban on a breed he called "inherently dangerous" because he wasn't convinced a muzzle law alone would protect people and pets from pit bull attacks.

"You can't leave it to the dog owner to every single time put the muzzle on," he said.

"Just like you can't leave it to the gun owner to always put the safety clip on a weapon before it goes out in public."

Bryant said there was "no way" he would back down from his plan to completely ban pit bulls, despite growing opposition from some dog owners.

"I know that those who oppose the ban feel very strongly about it, but I disagree with them," he said.

Bryant said there are far too many stories about pit bull attacks on people or other animals, and insisted a total ban is the best way to protect the public and other pets.

"Barely a day or a week goes by where there isn't another story about another horrific pit bull incident," he said.

"I think what is in the best interests of Ontarians' safety, and pet safety for that matter, is that pit bulls, over time, be banned."

Bryant also insisted he wasn't worried about a court challenge to the new legislation, saying an earlier attempt to challenge a pit bull ban in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ont., was unsuccessful.

Akeeter
October 26th, 2004, 01:29 PM
:evil:

'Don't envy anybody with that thankless task. :sad:

pitbulliest
October 26th, 2004, 01:42 PM
So what now you guys...its finished? We're all done?...No more pit bulls in Ontario? This just doesn't sound real anymore..

What's going to happen now?!

kigaro
October 26th, 2004, 01:55 PM
if the legislation passes, our only course of action will be to take it to court.

Luvmypit
October 26th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Hopefully some MPP will stand up during this legislation. I doubt it. But I can only hope. But yes the only action is to challenge in court.

mastifflover
October 26th, 2004, 02:03 PM
If they are pushing this ban through this fast they are scared that if they dont it wont pass, I am convinced that they have seen and heard from way to many individuals and groups who oppose it and they are scared if it goes on more people will change their minds if they hear the other side of the story.

sammiec
October 26th, 2004, 02:05 PM
This just makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/obscene/eck15.gif

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/310.gif

Copper'sMom
October 26th, 2004, 04:18 PM
:mad: I hate him, I hate him, I hate him :mad: I'm afraid to say what I really think of this "man." I could be arrested for what I want to say to him.

At this present time MY PIT BULL is ill. All I hear is how they are so mean and blah blah blah, meanwhile everytime I turn around, Copper is limping or throwing up or can't walk. Yeah, I'm sure he's gonna rip somebody's arm off any day now. M.B. can kiss my a**.

LL1
October 26th, 2004, 04:24 PM
The Bill will be online in 48 hours, but it will probably be in the news long before that.

LL1
October 26th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Spoke too soon - it's up now: http://www.ontla.on.ca/documents/Bills/38_Parliament/Session1/b132.pdf

heeler's rock!
October 26th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Oh my God! What a complete MORON!!! I am so sorry for the whole country right now!!! I am so sorry everyone! This is unreal....his whole concept is crazy! The part where he said "I know that those who oppose the ban feel very strongly about it, but I disagree with them," is so stupid! So what? We're living in a dictatorship? Who cares if you don't agree, you were elected to LISTEN to ALL the citizens of Ontario, not just the little voice in your head that tells you mass murder is
okay!!!!!!! :mad: :evil: :mad: :evil:

Sorry, just had to get that out. I am so angry right now! I'll tell you what, you can all move yourselves and your pits in with me! I'd love to have you all!!!!!!!! :o