Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

If Anybody Has Forgotten to Sign the Petition

Akeeter
October 26th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Please sign it now, if you wish to & forward it to any individuals, groups, or pet boards that you think may be intersted. (We are over 8200 now! WooHoo!)
Thank You. :thumbs up

http://www.petitiononline.com/newban2/petition.html

BamaRama
October 26th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Just signed it now. WOW....over 8000 signatures!

goldenblaze
October 26th, 2004, 05:59 PM
I signed it few days back, wow lots of people have done the same. Good for you good luck. :) Hope mine does aswell. ;)

Schwinn
October 26th, 2004, 06:27 PM
I don't mean to sound negative, but at this point, does it make a difference? Granted, I think we should get as many signatures as possible, but this does not sound promising.News release (http://torontohumanesociety.com/inthenews/legis.html)

Schwinn
October 26th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Apparently the opposition parties can put a halt to it! I heard this on the radio tonight.

Akeeter
October 27th, 2004, 12:46 AM
(Or More ;-) I don't care if McGuinty is Silent Bob now.-He won't be at that point. :p

sammiec
October 27th, 2004, 07:55 AM
The petition is gone!! I wonder what that means?? Are they planning to present it to the government soon??!?! I don't know what the last count was! Over 8200?? that's awesome!

BamaRama
October 27th, 2004, 01:00 PM
You're still able to sign it though through the link that you posted. I got my bf to sign and his signature was number 8892. :)

gardenofeve
October 27th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I was signee 9089. I'm getting my hubby and friends to sign later tonight.

Sneaky2006
October 27th, 2004, 09:22 PM
I just checked it... it's at 9185! That's a lot of siggys!

BamaRama
October 27th, 2004, 10:24 PM
WOW
that means they're getting over 300 sig's a day...AWESOME!!

sammiec
October 28th, 2004, 07:39 AM
This is fantastic!! I couldn't find it yesterday and I went to the THS webpage and they said that they were blind sided by Michael Bryant and didn't have a chance to deliver the petition before the introduction of the legislation.... they must have put it back up since then!! That's wonderful... more than 9200 signatures!!!

pitbulliest
October 28th, 2004, 11:47 AM
I just received an email from Sandra from the Dol Legislation Council of Canada. She has talked to one of the MPPs that DOES NOT agree with the ban. He told us NOT to give up on the signatures...for now, forget the online petition..everyone needs to grab a few copies of the online petition from the dog legislation council and get some signatures... as far as I know, we need around 100,000... I'm not kidding..I just received the email..they want written petitions..not online ones...

Keep collecting signatures you guys. and pass it on!

mastifflover
October 28th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Is there no way to print out the online petitions with the signatures on it. Or is this just one more way to make it more difficult for those who do not agree with MB

Schwinn
October 28th, 2004, 11:59 AM
I think the issue is, from a legal stand point, authentic signatures. There is the argument, that one person can sign multiple times, from different computers to make it appear as though they are differnt people. And the impracticality of verifying everyone's e-mail address. I hate to say it, but I can understand the issue.

Maximellion
October 28th, 2004, 12:15 PM
There is also the issue of residency. For a petition to influence provincial law convincingly it is going to have to be signed by residents of the province.

Mel and Max

pitbulliest
October 28th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Point being..everybody print some copies off and keep them with you wherever you go..you never know who you might bump into or how many people for that matter...so keep on collecting signatures..Bryant is going down...! :evil: