Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help Help Help Again

happywon
October 25th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Thank you all for your responses. I will do what i should have done in the beginning.

I have a male shi tzu who is 14 months old. My girlfriend has a female that is 4. Since we have 7 grown children with children of their own we decided to get together and breed ours as they loved them and all wanted one. The cost of my dog alone was $900. I got him from a breeder that would not keep him as she shows her dogs and his colouring was not perfect. He will not mount the female and could not understand as he loves to mount my stuffed toy dog. :eek:

After getting all your replys, Getting angry shooting my mouth off i have decided your all right. I will not breed him. I could never duplicate such a beauty anyway.

I apologize to anyone i offended and hope this settles the matter.

Thank you
happywon :sorry: :crazy:

MEEKA
October 25th, 2004, 04:07 PM
That's Great That You Have Reconsidered. :)

melanie
October 25th, 2004, 04:10 PM
yay for you, dont feel bad or anything, just took you a while to ponder that is all and now you can be well informed for all the other back yard breeders out there, good on you. you have made the right decision not only for your baby but for the entire dog population, and for that they send a big tail wag to you :D

tyr
October 25th, 2004, 04:21 PM
I am so very happy to hear that Happywon! I am so glad that you have reconsidered. Maybe since all your children are grown ups with families of their own - maybe you can encourage them to buy a puppy/dog from a reputatble registered breeder or from a shelter/rescue that is looking for much love and affection from a forever home :) Visits to find "the one" are always so much fun!

I am so glad that you are also happy with your end decision.

I apologize if any of us gave you a scare. I am glad you did not decide to ditch pets.ca because of our quick tongues. I, personally, did not mean to come off as an "attacker".

If you can, please post pictures of your pooch Poncho :love: I would love to see how beautiful he is!

heeler's rock!
October 25th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Good for you Happywon. You'll feel so much better for not breeding him in the long run, you'll forget why you wanted to in the first place! :D

Dwight Byrd
October 25th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Yu took the time to think it over, and in the end you have made a good, informed choice. Good for you. Your puppy is lucky to have someone who is so thoughtful.

heidiho
October 25th, 2004, 05:37 PM
That is a very good choice,just take a look at shelters,it is unreal...There are enough dogs to go around.. :crazy: :thumbs up

mastifflover
October 25th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Glad to hear you decided against breeding. You should get your kids to consider a rescue dog they are the best. Once they trust you and start to bond with you they will do anything to please you and make you happy and all they want is belly rubs and love. That is the easy part but they do require work but it comes back tenfold in love. Glad you decided to stick around everybody gets a little hot under the collar about breeding since so many work in rescue or foster rescues they hate to see any unnecessary breeding. There are just too many homeless pets.

GsdDiamond
October 25th, 2004, 06:04 PM
You're a heck of a man to take the high road for your pet's well being!

I don't think you offended anyone. Rather I think you may have hit a sore spot as most here are working with animal rescue shelters.

KUDOS! :thumbs up

gardenofeve
October 25th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Yipeee happywon, you've made a great choice and have helped dogs and particularly your breed immensely. It doesn't seem like much now, but it means a lot. Thank you. :)

Lucky Rescue
October 25th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Thank you very much for not breeding your out-of-standard, untitled and unhealth tested dogs.

If everyone would start being part of the solution instead of adding to the problem, the shelters would be empty!!:)

When the shelters are empty and dogs are not being killed in huge numbers, that will be the time to breed.

I hope you can get your girlfriend to spay her dog, as she is putting her through heat cycles, and possible deadly consequences like pyometra, ovarian cancer etc for nothing.

Sneaky2006
October 25th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Great news!! I am very happy that you changed your mind. And thank you for not making your decision out of spite! Your doggie will thank you day after day! :D

sammiec
October 26th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Thank you Happywon! I am so glad to hear that! :D

goldenblaze
October 26th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Everyone is proud of you :) you made a paw-fect choice.
Just a question though, where do you live that you paid $900.00 for a shih tzu? wow that is alot, my little Jordie was $500.00 and that is about normal around here anyway.
Again enjoy your little one and check out the shelters for a playmate. :thumbs up

glasslass
October 26th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Somewhere, there are seven little souls needing and looking for a forever home that will truly thank you when they are "discovered" by your kids! I think it's wonderful news! :thumbs up