Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

rescue virus e-mail

raingirl
October 25th, 2004, 07:27 AM
Guess what? I just got to work and had 16 e-mails stating I sent e-mails to these people (all rescue e-mails like toronto humane society and some other ones) that I don't know!!

It says I have a virus. I spoke with my IT department and they said this virus sends out e-mails to people from an address book on the infected computer, saying I sent e-mail to other users in the same address book!! It's not actually my computer that is infected! Thank goodness!

So...some rescue out there who has my e-mail address has this virus, and it's sending me tons of e-mails about other addresses in his/her e-mail address book!!

I have sent e-mail to countless addresses in the last 2 months, there's no way I could e-mail them all to ask them to virus check their computers!!

Anyone else getting these?

Writing4Fun
October 25th, 2004, 09:01 PM
I got something like that a while ago. I had to format my and my husband's PC. Since then, I keep receiving bulk e-mail from people I don't know with nothing but a number in brackets in the subject line. I delete them straight away without opening them, because I know they just contain another stupid virus. *Sigh* It really cheeses me off that there's some prepubescent wacko out there, sitting in Mom's basement, programming these things for kicks, and he or she will probably end up being hired by Microsoft and get paid 6-figures to hack for a living. :evil: