Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

go train

jackieb
October 25th, 2004, 06:37 AM
We are decided weather to purchase another car the car isnt really the problem its the insurance as we are new immigrants its EXPENSIVE!

so does anyone know how i can find out the go train stops and how long the future ones will take

thanks

yvonnem
October 25th, 2004, 08:35 AM
www.gotransit.com

raingirl
October 25th, 2004, 08:36 AM
I used to work for go train so I can totally help you.

You can go to gotransit.com and find the info there, but the way they do their schedules is kinda confusing.

PM me you to and from info and I can get you what you need. Taking the GO train is WAY cheaper than owning a car. And more convenient!

yvonnem
October 25th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Jackie

Your mailbox is full!! Here's the reply to your PM

oh he's a baaaaaaaaad puppy!

Actually, he is getting good about going outside - he goes and sits by the back door when he has to go. I just wish he would whine or something because sometimes we don't notice him.

He went to the vet for his second shots and was a very good boy -- after he growled at the vet in the waiting room! We spent the weekend taking him places and letting people give him treats as he is definitely shy around strangers.

And he weighs 30 pounds.

How's the search going?

hows your puppy doing?

raingirl
October 25th, 2004, 08:59 AM
I tired sending you something as well Jackie, but your box is full!

jackieb
October 25th, 2004, 08:59 AM
have now cleared it lol

CarlaD
October 27th, 2004, 11:39 AM
I take the go train everyday to work as there is no way you would catch me driving into the city.

It does get expensive but it works out to be cheaper than paying for parking, gas and wear and tear on your car.

jackieb
October 27th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Yes i had a look at the prices and it isnt cheap not sure what we will do think we might have to pay the insurance for a 2nd car. Chris has found some people who live near we are hoping to move so on certain days were he has no work commitments he could car share.

thanks guys

Writing4Fun
October 27th, 2004, 11:48 AM
I just wish he would whine or something because sometimes we don't notice him.
Hi Yvonne. Have you tried teaching him to ring a bell to go out? Worked wonders with Phoebe.

Before I had the kids, I used to love taking the Go train in to work every day. Folks on our line were so friendly. We had a little group that would sit in the same spot every day, chat all the way down, exchange Christmas gifts - it was a very nice way to kill an hour (good for Jackie to know, since she's planning on moving to "the country" next year, right?). Travellers on the other lines weren't so friendly, probably because the trip is a lot shorter so you don't have time to chat much. Remember that snow storm 5 years ago (where Mel called in the army)? We had a lovely little party that day, being stuck on the train right at Union Station until noon. The people on the train next to ours didn't look impressed, but we were having a great time! :crazy:

jackieb
October 27th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Yes i am planning on moving not keen on town life lol!!
Even were i am here we are in a village non existent bus service and i have no car it would be handy but being a immigrant we get loaded with insurance premiums!!!