Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fleas

lorri lee
October 24th, 2004, 06:41 PM
I was just wondering if anyone can answer my question.my doggie got fleas still don't know how i'm very clean. he's on program, and he's a year now and never had them before but i went to a new groomer cause my regular groomer was booked solid.. well a week later i noticed he was scratching i checked him i couldn't see what the problem was so I decided to give him a bath ,maybe the groomer used a shampoo that didn't agree with his skin well I was in for a shock i started to wet him down and i could see the fleas i freaked out .I finished bathing him ,blowed dryed him,asked my husband to go to the vet with him..got some advantage to put on him...so now i'm washing eveything and vacummed the whole house.My dum question is can i get fleas?
i had a hot shower every morning now ,wash my hair like crazy..am I being to paranoid? has anyone ever went through this?i hope someone can help me..thanks for reading my thread...

Lucky Rescue
October 24th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Don't worry so much! :D

No matter how clean you are, dogs and cats still get fleas. Fleas hide in vegetation outside, waiting for an animal to pass so they can jump on it.

Your dog could have gotten the fleas at the groomer as well. It happens to everyone sooner or later and is no big deal unless you have a HUGE infestation.

While fleas may bite you, they cannot live on human beings, so no problem there.

I have had fleas in my home and on my pets, and have been bitten by them. It's merely an annoyance.

If you're still worried, you can buy a flea collar, cut it up and put it in your vacuum bag. This way any fleas hanging around will die in the bag.

goldenblaze
October 24th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Don't worry so much! :D
If you're still worried, you can buy a flea collar, cut it up and put it in your vacuum bag. This way any fleas hanging around will die in the bag.

What a great hint, I will remember that. I've never had a problem with fleas (knock on wood) but that is some great advice if I ever need it. :) thanks

lorri lee
October 25th, 2004, 06:22 PM
thank-you for your input I feel a little better .I got advantage to put on him a.s.a.p. And I had to bath him again to see if they were all gone and there is no sign of any i'll probally put more advantage on him tonight cause I bathed him only two days later..I know i'm worried over nothing..But I will buy a flea coller cut it up and put it in my vacumm bag ....