Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hi there this is my first time here

nina182
December 27th, 2014, 09:07 AM
good morning everyone!!

I just have a few questions hopefully someone could help me out. first of all a bit of history i live in a house of 6ppl, (65, 36, 19, 17, 16 and 12) I live with my dad and my siblings we had a dog (king Sheppard) before and unfortunately we had to put her down at the age of 17 due to cancer.

we have recently decided to get a new dog and we got a puppy who was apparently newspaper trained. we have for a week now and during this week he was doing his business outside, however lately hes starting to do his business inside the house (no pee) he has started to chomp his teeth (i have notice it happens when he is excited and sometimes when he is being told "NO") besides these two trainable things, he barks a lot so i need any suggestions on what to do, i have tried the loud and firm "NO", i have tried in making loud claps or banging of a drawer but not helping. he likes to nibble as well which I'm scared it could turn into biting he is gentle when told to or when we react to the bite but gets upset and will bark and chomp after.

btw i wake up every morning and take him out and then he goes back to sleep i dont come back home till 3pm. I believe the kids or my dad take him out later in the day, I do think they forget he is a puppy so they are waiting on him to ask (that could be their fault - could it be fixed)

so my main concerns are the : chomping, barking, and doing his business in the house. pls help

kindly, sambosmomy

marko
December 28th, 2014, 07:58 AM
first off - welcome to the forum!

Are you open to obedience training?