Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found cat Gatineau

Oliver
October 24th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Actually two cats (one black, one orange), on separate occasions, found in Gatineau. I alerted Outaouais SPCA, put an announcements in the classifieds of the newspaper they recomended, and posters in the neighbourhood and supermarkets. I just discovered this website so didn't notify here before.

1st cat: Striped light orange and white adult cat (between 1-2 years old), male, neutered. Came to house thin and desperate September 6, 2004. My parents have him now, but we still would like to find his home.

2nd cat: Black cat or kitten (teenager, about 7 months), white spot on chest and belly, blue collar. Came to house Oct. 3 (three weeks ago). Not microchipped, not neutered.

I did not want to burden the SPCA since I could take care of the kitten temporarily, thinking since he has a collar I could surely find his owner. Now that I haven't I worry. I cannot keep him due to allergies, but I am very attached to him and would like to find a good home for him. How long should I wait and what is the best way to give him up for adoption?

Any advice appreciated!

Iggette
October 24th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Hi Oliver.....How sweet of you to bring the kitties in and care for them, do you have pics of them you could post?

The second Kitty is it male or female?

There are all kinds of websites that you can post their pic and info on alot of people these days are relying more and more on the internet to find their lost pet or advertise found pets....and on a good note, there have been alot of reunions as well.

Gonna look and see what I can come up with
Good luck :thumbs up

Oliver
October 24th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Thank you! The black cat is male. Here are pictures.

laurenk
February 6th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Hi!

You mentioned one of the cats has a collar on- Does the collar have a rabies tag? If so, try entering its number in http://www.getmehome.ca . Any recent rabies tag since 2003 has a piece of paper in it asking the owner to register their cat on this website with the rabies tag number.

Good luck!

Lauren

chico2
February 6th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Oliver,thank's for doing the right thing for these sweet cats,I am sure you can get some help from here,Good Luck!!