- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

September 26th, 2014, 01:09 PM

I am ladydi in Orleans Ontario. I live with my husband and 4 cats. I have been retired for 19 years. All our cats are ones that showed up in our yard. Three are ferals who have been spay/neutered, given shots by the Ottawa Humane Society. The latest one appeared Dec 2013 and we thought she was a feral also. By May, I suspected, because she was not pregnant, that she may have been spayed, so was able to put her in a carrier and take her to the vet. Well, she had been spayed and had a microchip. Owner shortly contacted me and said that she had been fostering this little female for 3 months when she escaped to the outdoors. So, this cat spent 1 year outdoors and the winter of 13/14 was especially hard with -20C at times. The owner was reluctant to have her back because she had 2 dogs and a cat already and the dogs were constantly after this little female We were willing and happy to keep her as our own.

All our cats enjoy life indoors and are free to go out as they wish in our large dog proof yard. They are living the good life now.

Lady Di

September 26th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Wow they are such cuties - and they have it made with you.
Welcome to the forum!

September 26th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Welcome to the board, ladydi!! Gorgeous kitties!! Not to mention lucky kitties! :lovestruck:

September 26th, 2014, 10:07 PM
You have a very cute family , I love the way your white cat sleeps.