Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

About the liberals

justonemoredog
October 22nd, 2004, 09:22 PM
It's important to remember, they are a 'minority' government. Our cause it not lost. It is extremely important to contact the opposition MPP's. Since ultimately, opposition..... banded together... can defeat this legislation.

I am a brand new member here.... but been watching for the last couple of weeks. Following the BSL issue very closely.

I live in Ontario, and I have 2 GSD. One is a rescue dog.

seeker
October 22nd, 2004, 10:47 PM
I wish it were that easy . Unfortunetly it is the federal Liberals that are the minority . Our provincial Liberals are a majority free to "dictate" as they please . However as a talk show host on CFRB pointed out this week "they are looking more and more like a one term government" even so it will be 3 years before that can happen .
If this goes through it still can be challenged in the courts and while that cost money I think if everyone of us chips in a little as we can afford it can be tied up for a while . I hope tomorrow is informative as to what the "dog" organizations are planning.

justonemoredog
October 24th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the correction. My bad.!! :o

Akeeter
October 24th, 2004, 09:21 PM
'nosy', dictatorial, nit-picky etc.
To my surprise, the editor said he was fed up with being told how to eat his sushi, & what dog he could own, etc. etc..

It's like 4 years of Government by the Old Biddy principle. Or Red Green's :
"If it ain't broke, you're not half trying."