Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pregnant Cat w/kittens

meganleigh
October 22nd, 2004, 10:06 PM
I have an odd question. My cat had kittens, they are 7 weeks today. I have an appoinment for her to get spayed this coming week. Looking at her tonight, I think she is pregnant again!! I remember her going out a few times when the kitten were about 4 weeks old. She has been outside several times since then. She will run out the door and under the house, where we can not get her back inside, which leaves us waiting for her to inside. Could she already be pregnant again so soon? I want to get her spayed!! What should I do? Any and all responses are appreciated!

Thanks, Melanie

Sneaky2006
October 22nd, 2004, 10:39 PM
I believe you can get her spayed even if she's pregnant. (although I have no clue how far into the pregnancy they can do it) It may cost a bit more, but not more than a whole other litter.
I would call the vet asap and keep her locked up until you can get her in there!! Good luck.

Kai One
October 23rd, 2004, 12:04 AM
Yes they will still spay your cat. They will abort the pregnancy if in fact she is again.

Lucky Rescue
October 23rd, 2004, 10:33 AM
Yes, your cat can be pregnant again.

PLEASE take her to be spayed anyway. The country is overrun with unwanted kittens being born every minute and most will NEVER find a responsible home.

If you take your cat to be spayed now, you won't be contributing to this horrible problem any further.