Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Councilor ford called me up. Yup, he's my homie..LOL

pitbulliest
October 22nd, 2004, 10:04 PM
I just received a phone call today from Councilor Ford regarding the pit bull ban. The list of councilor contacts was presented to me on pets.ca so I decided to email everyone on the list. This dear man was kind enough to give me a phone call! He left me a voice mail since I wasn't home...

He told me that this entire ban is the fault of the Liberal government, and that the liberals themselves have told Councilor Ford to his face that they KNOW they receive most of Ontario's votes, and therefore they are aware that they can do pretty much whatever they can and get away with it. He told me that they are quite arrogant, and that it is absolutely great that we're standing up against this proposed law. He also told me that maybe its time to start looking for a different gov to vote for, such as the NDP or the Conservatives...but he told us not to give up, and keep contacting our MPPs...

I was very happy to receive this phone call, and I will be calling him back on Monday to thank him for his support. Just thought I would share this news with all of you.

LavenderRott
October 23rd, 2004, 07:58 AM
PLEASE give me permission to cross post!

Bearsmom
October 23rd, 2004, 08:05 AM
Councillor Ford is my husband's cousin! He's a great guy and takes a STRONG stand on subjects!

kigaro
October 23rd, 2004, 09:01 AM
i got a repsonse from my mpp as well; he's NDP too. he has many questions that need to be answered before he will support such a bill. i offered my assistance in anyway, as i've owned and worked with 'pit bull' type dogs for almost 25 years now.

pitbulliest
October 23rd, 2004, 04:55 PM
Go ahead and crosspost all you want :) lol

gardenofeve
October 25th, 2004, 09:20 AM
I'm a newbie here, but Kigaro, might I ask who your MPP is? I'm pretty tight with the NDP and am planning on trying to get MPPs in to educate them about the issues surrounding the ban.

I do also know lots of Liberals, let me say that not all of them are for an outright ban. The Health Minister likes pit bulls, however he does agree with some restrictions, which isn't ideal but it's a toe in the door. I think we need to identify Liberals who might be sympathetic to our cause and zero in on them.

As for Toronto, the ideal people to zero in on are Paula Fletcher and Sandra Bussin. Both are far more reasonable than Bryant. I'd say Miller as well, but I think he might go along with whatever Fletcher and Bussin come up with.

BTW has anyone else attempted to contact the AG's office only to be met with a VERY rude receptionist? Boy was I angry after that call!

sammiec
October 25th, 2004, 09:26 AM
I received this similar phone call last week after I sent out MANY letters. His voice mail said the same thing, next time don't vote LIberal and that M.Bryant will be pushing this through no matter what. He gave me numbers to call my MPP and said good luck!