Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I hate subwoofers!!

raingirl
October 22nd, 2004, 02:48 PM
I am home today taking a vacation day, and my neighbour is blasting his music!!

I wouldn't mind so much if I could hear the music, but all I can hear is the base from the subwoofer!!

I already called my landlord, and left her a message, but haven't heard back. I also knocked on the door, but no one answered.

It's probably a teen home alone (I would think they should be at school)?

I hope when I get a dog it barks all day at the music and drives THEM insane and they can see how it feels!!

I could even hear the base while I was in the shower!!!!

lilith_rizel
October 22nd, 2004, 02:56 PM
My husband and I use subwoofers, but we never have the music on loud enough for the family on the otherside of us can hear it, and our walls are super thin. It is just curtious, to keep things down.

melanie
October 22nd, 2004, 06:01 PM
bring on da base, yeah... i love love my subwoffer, the one in my car and the one in my lounge room, it really matches the amplifyer in the back of the car, oh my little car is a travelling disco, i dont disco when dog or guests in car but on my own, its defening and you can feel that base in your belly, that is where it is suppossed to be.

i love loud music at home but onyl listen to it at defening volumes during legal times btw 8am and 7pm, then i am not breaking law, but then i dont live in apartment or similar and the boy down the road loves base to but i rarely hear his, but in my car, i love my base, but if i lived in apt i would probably would be ocnsiderate, jsut go there when the base is down and talk ot them, they might just be nice ppl with good taste, or even just nice teens developing their angst.

if my neighbors close maybe i would not be so loud, but hey i turn the kitchen into a disco and dance for and with my doggy daily, but i will always remember you and if ever in the posy i will be curtious :crazy:

raingirl
October 22nd, 2004, 07:42 PM
Hahaha. I guess I should have said I love and hate subwoofers!

I have them too, but I am curteous of when I use them. I use them for my movies and video games.

It's just annoying after 3 hours when it doesnt stop!! My landlord didn't even call me back.

LavenderRott
October 22nd, 2004, 07:52 PM
Sorry, I am an old woman.

I absolutely can't stand listening to someone else's music in my house or my car. When I lived in the city, I would go into an absolute rage when I was stopped at a light and my windows and mirrors would vibrate because of the car in back of me! If I wanted to listen to your music, I would put my radio on your station. Around here, if it is up that loud, it is probably rap music and quite frankly, I can't stand rap music.

I live in the country now. Rarely does someone's car stereo get close enough to rattle my windows. I am at peace again.

Sneaky2006
October 22nd, 2004, 09:37 PM
I think I am the only young person that does not like bass, or rap. And of course my husband loves it more than anyone I know. If he turns it on in the car, I feel so sick to my stomach... for starters I get car sick really quick, :sick: and the bass just screws with my ears so bad I can't stand it and feel dizzy... he accepts this now and doesn't do it when I'm in the car.
Now, in the house, blast some country or some love songs and I am happy... but never ever any bass. :D

melanie
October 23rd, 2004, 06:31 PM
oh sneaky that is no good, perhaps some ppl just physically like different things, that is your body wired a certain way and it sounds like it screws the water in your ears related to balance, interesting,, but i like base in my country music too, i just love beat.. but my lovely lavender rot, my stereo has been designed by my lovely man, to be heard in the car, not on the outside, i think alot of ppl design their steroes so everyone else has to hear it, and the worst thing is half the time you only hear bits of the music and i hate that so much, if you going to make us all suffer we should at least be able to sing or dance along. it can be done so the music is inside, and if my car is closed up you hardly hear it outside and the subwoofer is designed so it does not rattle the car, he had it specifically designed for the car, some ppl jsut have no idea of stereo design (well i dont but he does so i can claim that surely :D ). but like i said i dont live in a city, i livein a town of about 2000ppl on a good day os it is not like i am in anyones face or way.

oh i have always wanted to go to a fancy dress up party dressed as a subwoofer, i thought a box around my waist and a dog costume, or a dog toy with a box on its head, a sub woofer :crazy: :love: :love:

GunnerX
October 23rd, 2004, 11:11 PM
I LOVE BASS!! :D That should be my motto. I have a dual 10" sub box in my car which can cause quite the rattle. I also have a 4" high, 17" diameter subwoofer for my home theatre. However, I also believe in being corteous. I don't think I should bother everyone else just because I love bass. I only turn up my bass when I'm alone in the car. My wife hates bass so I turn it down when I drive around with her. Also, I turn down my music when I'm at a light and people are around me.

Just pray that you don't get caught in a BASS war. :D In university, I lived in an apartment building and the people upstairs always played their music loud and the bass of course is heard clearly in our apartment. I would turn up my system to counter theirs. I only got a complaint once from the person below me and I promptly apologized and turned down the music.

Sneaky2006
October 24th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Can't you guys get tickets for the radio being too loud? Here ya can, just wanted to know.

GunnerX
October 24th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Only if your within "quiet" hours. Most often its from midnight to 6am. Also, playing subwoofers in a car too loud in residential areas can get you ticketed too.

BamaRama
October 24th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Sneaky I'm with you, I'm also a young person (22) and considered pretty 'hip' by most (lol) but I as well absolutely HATE loud bass music. I hate rap and hiphop too.

If I'm driving along in my car and I hear loud bass or something, I will actually stare the person down and then I'll turn my music (usually something rock-ish or jazz-ish) to full blast and, in the past, if I have my window open, I have said things like, "See? I look just as funny as you do" loud enough for them to hear.

Haha. :)

Sneaky2006
October 24th, 2004, 12:51 PM
I am glad I'm not alone Bama!
Gunner, that's interesting... here, any time of day or night you can get a ticket if your music is too loud while driving. Hazard I guess. It's not really about the noise, I don't think.

melanie
October 24th, 2004, 05:47 PM
gunnerx, im with you mate, just luv da stuff. i know about stereo wars, i do it with the boys down the road, and i always get so much pleaseure when i hear their crap sound coming out of their crap stereo, and i smile and do the old crocadile dundee thing 'ha, maaate, thats not a stereo, this is a stereo' :D :D i can drown out any noise i odnt like, and you see the look on those boys faces, when they pass, ha green with envy for my base i tells ya. and my car is a very happy disco, i always dance while driving, quite an art that, and i always get real happy with my base ripping and it actually makes me a nicer driver, i am far more polite and always give ppl a happy wave through, big smile arms swinging, its nice and music makes me so happy, it calms me down. but again i dont live in a densly populated area so we can do what we like, it was nice when we had the farm, we had those cows rocking big time. :D

over here you can make all the nosie you want between 7am and 8pm any day of the week, any noise at all, i can stand out the front with a jack hammer and no one can say a thing, in my car i cna get a ticket if my stereo is so loud it is considered a distraction and dangerous as i cnat hear sirens, but here there arent that many cops, and they let kids ride without bike helmets (against law) so they dont care at all for my noise.

but i always try and be nice and considerate, and the bloke across the road is always using loud screeching power tools as he works from his shed, so i have to drown him out somehow :D and chalrie likes to dance, we love it and she is always my audience, she stands on her back legs and grabs my hands and we dance around, but some base she does not like and will promptly let me know (not that i play it loud when shes in house). :D :D we are disco gal and her disco dog :crazy: :party:

melanie
October 24th, 2004, 05:48 PM
forgot to mention my father listens to bag pipes at very loud volumes, the whole street can listen, i would rather listen to anything else most days, i feel for his neighbors big time :crazy:

raingirl
October 24th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Melanie, that's exactly what I mean! If you are going to play it loud, at least let me hear the rest!!

And guess what? The music was going almost ALL weekend!! All day and evening yesterday, starting at 10 am until about midnight, then started again this morning at 10 am...we were gone most of the day today, but when we just got home about 10 minutes ago we could hear it coming off the elevator!!

I am totally going to call and complain to my landlord again. I know it's my neighbours teenage son....Ack...