Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vacuum brush for dogs !

Stewart
October 22nd, 2004, 12:06 PM
Hi all ! Just wonderd if any of you folks out there have a grooming aid which we have over here . Its an attachment which goes on the end of your vacuum cleaner hose and it has a combe which has a slot above it to hoover off the traped dirt and loose hair from your dogs coat. This Idea has been patented over here by a guy who lives locally to me,I dont know him but heard about it a few months ago and went and bought one.Obviously if your pooch dosent like the hoover it could be a no no.Luckily my GSD isnt to worried by the old Edgar J ;) and Ihave found it a real great grooming aid, luckily we have a long flexible hose to our vacuum cleaner so I put it in the extension and trail it through the door into the garage and do the job in there,less noise just the soft suction can be heard but she stays while I groom her. :thumbs up

Cinnabear
October 22nd, 2004, 12:12 PM
I have different type of vacuum attachments that would do as a brush, but my dogs do not like the vacuum. :D Your dog must love being brushed. :)

schape
October 22nd, 2004, 12:28 PM
My dog will run out of the room the moment I bring the vacuum cleaner in, so I don't think it would work with her :p

Stewart
October 22nd, 2004, 12:30 PM
schape, like I said a long hose helps you put the vacuum in one room you work in the next room ;)

CyberKitten
October 22nd, 2004, 01:11 PM
I sometimes vaccum my brother's choclate lab. He loves it! Even my bunny liked the vacuum, lol No attachements, just the regular vacccum.