Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oh Gee, more Pee!!!

Catt31
October 22nd, 2004, 08:17 AM
Man I am losing my mind!!! About 2 weeks ago Brick peed and pooped on the floor right in front of the TV when we were gone. I figured he was mad at us for something as it is the ONLY time he has EVER done this in the house. EVER!!! Yesterday, he peed again in the same spot! Both times, he actually peed on Tim's PS II game....not good!!! :eek:

Yes he is home during the day, but he gets walked in the morning, and right when I get home from work, about 3:30 or 4, and after dinner. It is not a question of him needing out. It is not a question of him NOT getting enough exercise. He is not a puppy and is housetrained! He is not sick, we just went to the vet last week. Nothing has changed around the house, no new animals or people, or things. :confused:

I know there are many new people on this site who don't know Brick and his history, but this is NOT like him at all. Why all of a sudden is he doing this?? :sad: And why on the PS II????

Daisie
October 22nd, 2004, 10:24 AM
Okay, I have to apologize for laughing, I can see him doing that. My hubby would be freaking out.

Are you using a good cleaning solution to take away all the pee residue. I like PetZyme, otherwise it will be there. That could explain why he returned to that spot. My only suggestion would be confining him...back to puppy basics, watch his water intake, and give him more attention.

Bugsy
October 22nd, 2004, 10:29 AM
Maybe Brick feels he's competing for Tim's attention... with the
playstation :confused:

Catt31
October 22nd, 2004, 05:03 PM
I used vinegar and water to clean it up the second time, the first time Tim did it with just water, which is probably why he did return to that spot!!

I think you're right Bugsy about compteting for Tim's attention. He plays with him and takes him to the off leash area about 4 times a week, but, I walk him 2 or 3 times a day and we play a lot. I will mention that to Tim!

We can't crate Brick and we can't keep him confined. He has very serious separation anxiety (He is a shelter dog) and we tried all that. He shredded our back porch area and broke through several crates so we gave up on those! We discovered that he is happiest left to guard the house, which up until the pee issue, he does well.

I think it definately is an attention issue, but I'm not sure how much MORE we can give him...he already is a spoiled rotten boy and gets plenty of play time and 3 walks a day, plus an off leash run usually every day. He is VERY active and won't let us sit around and ignore him!! He makes sure he gets his exercise!! Maybe we give him too much?? ARGHHH!! (we need a hair pulling out smiley!!!)

Bugsy
October 22nd, 2004, 11:53 PM
ARGHHH!! (we need a hair pulling out smiley!!!)

LMAO... :D

READYTORV
August 12th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Okay, I have to apologize for laughing, I can see him doing that. My hubby would be freaking out.

Are you using a good cleaning solution to take away all the pee residue. I like PetZyme, otherwise it will be there. That could explain why he returned to that spot. My only suggestion would be confining him...back to puppy basics, watch his water intake, and give him more attention.

Any suggestions where I can get Petzyme?

StaceyB
August 12th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Dogs don't do things out of spite. The reason for him doing it I don't know I would need more details. As for him choosing the ps2, it smelled like one he is attached to. There is probably sweat all over it, the same when a dog goes to the washroom on a bed. As puppies these dogs would more often like to chew on personal objects that have the strongest scent such as underwear, shoes. The first may have been due to any number of things, the second time his smell was there. Until you determine the reason for this I would restrict his space before it turns into a habit. I would re-evaluate all of the things you said it was not. It may just be one of them w/o you knowing about it.
Any pet store should have an enzymatic solution. Natures miracle, simple solution are a couple others.

Freyja
August 12th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Nature's Miracle Stain and Odor Remover Guaranteed to eliminate all stains and odors from pet accidents permanently

No I don't work for the company!!I got it at my local pet food store.
Rascals in Calgary

Cinnabear
August 14th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Was the game left on the floor? You may have to train Tim and tell him not to leave anything on the floor or easy access for Brick, so he can't get into things.

wAggie
August 14th, 2005, 06:07 PM
sounds like Brick may not like Tim for whatever reason. it may be a form of competition (he's fighting to get more of ur attention) but I doubt it.

Take a good look and see how Brick reacts to Tim now.... and if u truly think it's good.......

I would see the peeing on Tim's material items as something of a "take that!" attitude.

..... (I'd pick dog over man any ways.... shhh)

I'm sure Brick's got a REAL good reason for doing it.

another thing, go talk w your vet about it :thumbs up

Catt31
August 14th, 2005, 06:39 PM
WOW, this post was wayyyy back in October folks!!! It's all good now!!! Must have been a phase! No worries! :cool:

wAggie
August 14th, 2005, 08:53 PM
lmao!

kinda scary when you read how you sounded back then, eh??

Freyja
August 14th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I think the thread came back because Readytorv wanted to know where to get Petzyme!!!

:party:

dogmelissa
August 15th, 2005, 09:48 PM
2 things:

1. Have you considered a doggy day-care, or having someone who knows Brick walk him at lunch time?

2. Vinegar is NOT a good choice for removing urine odors. It will probably work pretty well on feces, but not on anything acidic. Problem with cleaning up urine, especially, and vomit, is that they are acid. Uric acid makes urine burn your grass, and sulfuric acid makes vomit burn your esophagus. Vinegar is a diluted version of acetic acid-- most commonly 5% acid in 95% water. If you remember back to your younger days when you used to build volcanoes in science class you'll remember that you got a really pretty reaction when you mixed vinegar with baking soda, but the end result was neutral. Vinegar is an acid, baking soda is a base. Acid + Base = Neutral. Vinegar + Urine = 2X acid. There will be no neutralization of the smell. We *think* that it's getting rid of the smell, but that's only because the vinegar smell over powers it. The dogs can still smell the urine, and I'm sure it smells stronger once you put vinegar on it! Bleach is the same concept; acid, though bleach is much more concentrated and the fumes are toxic in high doses--toxic in low doses to many birds. I have a bottle of bleach around, but I only use it to wash out the toilet!

I highly recommend Petzyme, and I get it from PetSmart. They have similar products at other stores, and I've also used the Nature's Miracle, and a couple other kinds, but nothing worked as well as the Petzyme. I buy it in 4L jugs, usually 2 at a time (I have a cat that pees on the floor), and it really does make a difference. It took the stains out of the carpet too!!

Hope that helps or at least helps you clean up future accidents.
Melissa