Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stupid Question!

Joelle
October 21st, 2004, 04:50 PM
What does the colours beside our name mean, some are blue, some are green? I'm just wondering what it means? Does it have to do with member status, location, what? If anyone could enlighten me great! :p

Joelle

raingirl
October 21st, 2004, 05:03 PM
Green means the person is on the site looking at posts.

Blue means they are not online.

I don't know what red means.

lilith_rizel
October 21st, 2004, 05:17 PM
I think red is moderators or it is people who want to appear offline.

Writing4Fun
October 21st, 2004, 07:32 PM
It's not moderators, 'cause mine recently turned red. I don't know if that happened when I hit a certain number of posts (turning me into a "senior member"), or if it was when I changed to not show when I'm on-line. I'll change that back now and see if it changes the colour of my "dot". Hang on a sec...

...yup, it's the "use invisible mode" that turns it red. Mystery solved!

lilith_rizel
October 21st, 2004, 07:48 PM
I was only thinking that it might be moderators, because Lucky usually has a red dot when on.

lil_kirk
October 21st, 2004, 08:38 PM
I had a red dot a minute ago...im not a moderator...im more of a newbie.

Joelle
October 21st, 2004, 10:52 PM
Thanks everyone!! The mystery is solved!!! :p (It was bugging me for the last couple of weeks!!!!) :rolleyes: teehee

lil_kirk
October 22nd, 2004, 07:07 PM
Is the mystery solved?? Im online and Im red still---which would imply that the whole green light being online thing is false...and the red being a moderator idea is also false.

If there is anyone out there who knows what these mean please help!!! It's now one of those annoyances I can't ignore! ha ha ha!

Writing4Fun
October 22nd, 2004, 07:50 PM
Lil_Kirk, do you have the "use invisible mode" turned on? I believe that's what the red dot is all about. :)

squarejane
October 22nd, 2004, 08:28 PM
i tried going incognito and i went red too.

LavenderRott
October 23rd, 2004, 06:33 AM
Kind of defeats the purpose of going invisible if your little light turns red now doesn't it!