Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lighten up for a moment

seeker
October 20th, 2004, 07:27 PM
People I know this is a very serious issue and I am not taking it lightly but may we all take a moment for a little chuckle .
I read an arcticle in a paper yesterday about a 150 lb pitbull , in another one I read about a jaw locking mechanism I really don't know who they were quoting at the time :D .
We last night I had a dream I was walking at the back of my farm and there it was a 150 lb pitbull sporting a jaw locking mechanism . The dog was carrying off with a small bull firmly locked into its jaw by this very new and shiny external jaw locking mechanism , it even had a patent # .Notice I say "it" I think the dog was a female so I ran pretty fast fearing there may be a 250lb male somewhere out there . Next thing I know I see this flash of light and this ufo takes off .
Sorry if this offends anyone but those 2 quotes were so rediculous all I could do was chuckle .

heidiho
October 21st, 2004, 09:17 AM
All i have ever heard about pit bulls is once they do bite they wont let go,never heard of them locking there jaw,poor pit bulls such a bad rap on them.

sammiec
October 21st, 2004, 09:39 AM
140lb pit bull (http://www.northpeel.com/br/editorial/editorial/story/2279138p-2641803c.html)

I am proud to say that this is the town I live in. *sarcasim* I have offically begun to boycott this paper and have told them so in a lengthy letter.

heidiho
October 21st, 2004, 09:48 AM
I really dont understand why they just cant start something where new buyers of pit bulls go through a lengthy process to adopt one.just as you would when you adopt a child,just screen new owners instead of banning the breed..............

kigaro
October 21st, 2004, 09:50 AM
i got a good laugh from the 150lbs pitbull too. that's probably the biggest pit ever. ;) now i've heard of some not-so-reputable breeders in cali that cross pits with bulldogs to get these massive dogs that can reach those weights, but they can't be registered as an 'american pit bull terrier' because their front paws face inward like a bulldog.

mastifflover
October 21st, 2004, 10:03 AM
I just emailed the editor and asked for a picture or proof that this is a pit because I want to see a pit 15 pounds less than my mastiff.

Writing4Fun
October 21st, 2004, 12:15 PM
Wow. A 150lb Pit Bull. Are there any toxic waste dumps in Brampton? 'Cause that might explain this mutant. ;)

sammiec
October 21st, 2004, 12:38 PM
Wow. A 150lb Pit Bull. Are there any toxic waste dumps in Brampton? 'Cause that might explain this mutant. ;)

LOL, That's funny! I PM'd the story to Mastifflover saying - "when was BUddy in Brampton??" LOL!