Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nickering out to all the horse people!

Joelle
October 20th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Any horse people on the board? Just a question, I'm just wondering if I'm minority!!!LOL :D

MBRA518
October 20th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Any horse people on the board? Just a question, I'm just wondering if I'm minority!!!LOL :D

Yup you are the minority - but there are a few of us.

I have 2 horses... both Paints... one Reg. 8 yr old Gelding and one Un-reg 2 yr old Mare.

BMDLuver
October 20th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Another horse person here, I used to have warmbloods and show dressage, having two little one's at home has somewhat curtailed that costly hobby until they start school. :( But I love the beasts and visit friends horses as often as possible! :)

Writing4Fun
October 20th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Howdy horse people! I don't own one myself - yet. That's my life-long dream, though! I used to rent them in St. Lazare. Drove 45 minutes every Saturday morning to get my 2-hour ride! Oh, and the once-a-year fall week-end retreats to the 1000 Acres Ranch in New York. :love: Everyone else was there for the party; I was the only one up at 6:30AM to get in as much riding as I could. :D Paints will always turn my head, but I once fell in love with a bay Arabian gelding ... *sigh!* Ah, well. Maybe one day fate will smile on me and I'll finally get my horse and ride off into the sunset...

Shelby
October 20th, 2004, 09:08 PM
I have just become a horse person again. I used to own a grey arab gelding when I was growing up that I did absolutely everything on, pony club/show/eventing/rounding up cattle etc, but I gave him to my friend when I moved states. After 12 years, I've decided to start riding again and have been helping a friend train her two 4 year old thoroughbreds for eventing.
I am loving it so much, I can't believe I left it for 12 years!

whatfog
December 9th, 2004, 02:15 PM

I have one horse named Schlegel and his is my baby Horse Head. He is a ex-racing thoroughbred. He retired last July and is taking the winter off. I plan to retrain him in Dressage or Hunter/ Jumper. (Which ever he takes to)
We are trying to build a barn right now to bring my boy home. Wish us luck! :D

foster-in-ON
December 10th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Another horsey member here! Quarter horses :)

meimei
December 13th, 2004, 10:53 PM
oh yes I'm a horsie person too.
4 x TB's

Cheers

chico2
December 13th, 2004, 11:00 PM
I don't own a horse,never did and never will,but I certainly am full of admiration for these beautiful creatures,anyone owning one is very lucky :thumbs up

glasslass
December 13th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Never had a horse but always thought it was soooo unfair! After all, my Pop was a farrier for crying out loud!!!! But truthfully, I was happy with my dog books and my real dogs.

Catt31
December 13th, 2004, 11:59 PM
I worked and lived on a horse ranch just outside of London Ontario for many years, as a kid and early 20's!!! Try to ride as much as I can here, but not a lot of places for riding in Alberta! :sad: When I get back to Ontario on occasion, I ride as much as I can!!!! Wish I was still in good enough shape to not hurt so much after!!! :yuck: But...one day I will own my own!!!! Waiting to win that lottery!!!! (aren't we all??)

acdlover
December 14th, 2004, 09:30 PM
i dont own any now but workin on it i barrel race some of my friends horses,quarter horses,but i love arabs they are so beautiful.

Karin
December 14th, 2004, 10:26 PM
*Waving hand * I am a horse person and savvy. I have had a few but not any now..I do however place the unwanted TB's and have had very good luck doing so. I am in the middle of horse country, Ocala, Fl.

We also host the Parelli group..www.parelli.com. Natural Horsemanship.

It's a great concept...Pat Parelli is one with his horses as we are with are pets and he teach's this to others around the world.

After the new year I will have a few that i know of right now to place.

In the TB industry...if a horse cannot breed or race, it is only a feed/vet bill to the owners. Many need homes and will make very good trail horses. A few I have placed have gone on to a second career in dressage or as ropers. These horses were too young to retire, they live life large.

crazyhorse
December 15th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Did I hear someone mention horses?...I'll admit, I still do not own any. They have always been my "unicorn". I do volunteer work with horses at a theriputic riding/pony school farm, wich I love doing. I also work Security at a TB Racetrack. I may not always be working hand on with them, but they are always there and I'm always learning about them every day. :crazy:

Jake's mom
December 15th, 2004, 09:07 AM
I have horses also, and I live near London to. I am so excited there are people that live near me. Ok I admit I am amused easily. :D . Ok now how many have parrots????

Catt31
December 15th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Where near London?? I used to work at Circle R Ranch out by Delaware and Lambeth. My brother's inlaws own it, and he and his wife have ran the rec center for over 20 years!!! Wicked place to go!!!!!

Jake's mom
December 15th, 2004, 09:52 AM
That is so cool Catt I am about 10 min away from there. I spent alot of time there in the winter. Crosscountry skiing. It is so much fun doing the moonlight ski. Wonderful people that own it to. Small world huh?

peppy85
December 15th, 2004, 10:34 AM
i have horses and love them to death,i dont know want i would do without them.i barrel race but also ride hunt seat and western pleasure. :D :grouphug:

Copper'sMom
December 15th, 2004, 10:57 AM
I hope to have a horse someday!!!

BoxerRescueMTL
December 16th, 2004, 10:35 PM
yay for horses! i grew up with horses :) a trakehner-my first love, a TB, and my sis had a beautiful belgian warmblood. i used to show hunter and jumper for 10 yrs. i hope to get back into it (but just for fun this time) in a couple of years when i have more time and $$! i miss horses soooooo much it hurts!

Catt31
December 17th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Yes VERY wonderful people!!! (Since I am related to them!!!LOL) YOu probably have met my brother and sis-in-law too then!!! How cool!!!! I love it there, the most gorgeous place on earth!!!! Especially in the fall!!!

MIA
December 17th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Horses are my first love! I don't have one at the moment but ride other peoples! They are my fav!! :angel: