Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

book for children about dog care

melanie
October 20th, 2004, 05:30 PM
i saw a great book yesterday for children about dog care and how to treat a dog, it is called "handle with Care' by Dr Paul Mcgreevy. it looked great and had some great stuff in it and was written in simple and fun way and is for familes and children, following is a snippet form one of the reviews-

-- But what is Handle with Care all about? Its purpose is to explain the evolutionary reasons for animal behaviour, how animals communicate with each other and with humans, and how children can safely approach and handle (or not!) animals. Handle with Care covers a variety of domestic, farm and wild animals and is intended for families to share. It includes a Note to Parents, and is endorsed by the University of Sydney Vet Science Foundation, Kidsafe and the RSPCA.

Sneaky2006
October 22nd, 2004, 07:58 AM
Sounds like a great book, Mel!! Thanks for posting... I've got lots of dogs and even more kids in the family! :)

jackieb
October 22nd, 2004, 08:08 AM
that sounds a really good book i have always taught my children how to handle animals but might be worth me looking at it as im hoping to get a dog soon probably a puppy