Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My letter in the Toronto Sun!

sammiec
October 20th, 2004, 01:15 PM
I received this email this afternoon!

Please note that an edited version of your letter was published in the Toronto Sun on Wednesday Oct. 20

*** link removed because it's showing updated information and I can't find archieved data... ***

Writing4Fun
October 20th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Oh, well done!! (searching frantically for the "applause" smiley - can't find it - will use this one instead :thumbs up ). I swear, I almost got up and cheered after reading it.

mastifflover
October 20th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Sammie all that writing finally paid off and with a positive response. Love it :D
You rock

sammiec
October 20th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks guys!! I literally jumped out of my seat when I got the email.... I was scared to read the letter incase they butchered it, but he did a good job! :D

goldenblaze
October 20th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Good for you, I'm glad to see large newspapers care about the little people. Great job hope it works. :)

Luvmypit
October 20th, 2004, 02:54 PM
That was yours! I read it this morning, good job!!!

SSAC
October 20th, 2004, 04:15 PM
sammi, you rock! (it must be the name) :D

Sheriffmom
October 20th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Way to go.... snaps for you :thumbs up
It was extreamly well written, and pointed out your views in a very calm and professional way. Wish I could write like that.... sadly the MPPs will just have to get by with my rants!! :p

Catt31
October 20th, 2004, 05:40 PM
WOOO HOOOO Sammie!!! Way to go girl!! That was fantastic!!! :crazy: You are the pit bull angel :angel:

I just spent a few days down in London, ON, and well, had a few heated arguments over the recent ban. Why is it that people just don't GET IT??????? :mad: I'm still too angry to regurgitate the arguments, but let me tell you, people are narrowminded to say the least!!!

Good job Sammie.....bet Briggs is pleased with you!!!! Give her a hug and slurp from me and Brick!!!!

sammiec
October 21st, 2004, 07:39 AM
LOL, Thanks guys!! I was told by hubby that I only get bragging right for one day - he's a character... he cut it out and taped it to the fridge!! :o It was the "Letter of the Day". My dad called because he read it! :p

glasslass
October 21st, 2004, 02:52 PM
You're a celebrity!!! Congrats!!! :thumbs up

tyr
October 21st, 2004, 04:06 PM
That was awesome! I loved reading your letter. Your letter showed a very educated person with a purpose outside of biased opinion. You did not really state what side you were on, you can tell by reading - but you did not state it. You kept a very cool and calm position without getting heated and losing your head (probably why your letter was chosen out of many I am sure). I like that you spoke for all sides when saying that everyone - no matter the stand on the issue at hand - deserves to be given the facts. That laws should not be passed by a person who has brought it out based soley on emotions instead of facts. My favourite thing you said was "It's easy to make a popular law but it takes courage to make a just law." That was amazing! You rock........... :D