Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hunters catch !

Stewart
October 20th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Yet another trophy of a nights hunting was waiting for us this morning on our doorstep,The smaller of our two cats is a prolific hunter and a small rat was on offer to us as we stepped out of the house lol!Trouble is he dosent know its me who has to dispose of his trophies bless him ;) Its either mice,shrew or rats and chicks in spring nesting time ,Oh and the occasional fish from nearby ponds :rolleyes: Then I do find it annoying because he dosent eat them its just kill kill kill !Both our cats are wormed regular and I suppose its living in countryside and he is honouring us lol...... should we be flatterd :confused: lol !

elmoy
October 20th, 2004, 09:03 AM
I had a cat that used to do that every so often. Someone told me that it was his "gift" to me. As he would never eat it. He just tried to sneak it in the house. So, one day, I thanked him (through the screen door!) and said that he could have it, it would make me happy. That was the end of it. :thumbs up

Writing4Fun
October 20th, 2004, 09:07 AM
should we be flatterd
LOL! So I've been told, although more often than not it's directed at the dog, not me. I find it hard to be thrilled with the mouse bits I find all over my yard. :eek:

jackieb
October 20th, 2004, 09:09 AM
It would bring in rats dead birds all sorts and i used to have to get rid of them from my hysterical mother lol i was in my teens then

shihtzulover
October 20th, 2004, 09:53 AM
My In laws cat brought a mouse in the house, but it was still alive. It took a whole day to catch it. YUCK :eek:

Stewart
October 21st, 2004, 12:07 AM
Oh ! By the way !He once brought home a mouse that was in a mouse trap :rolleyes: Smart or just lazy :confused: