Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog rescued in Mexico

beddows
October 19th, 2004, 11:02 PM
This July while travelling down through Baja in an RV we stopped at one campsite where there were a number of stray dogs running around. One dog in particular was pretty friendly & my wife fed him. That night he ran off with one of my brand new leather sandals. After an hour of cursing & swearing, I finally managed to find it in a field the following day.

We continued onto Cabo San Lucas & back & hit the same campground on the way back. This same dog recognized our rig & came running up as soon as he spotted us. He hung around for 3 days & my wife was feeding him. We checked with the owner to make sure he was a stray & decided to take him with us. best decision we ever made. He's a wonderful dog & the most affectionate one I've ever had & he doesn't bark. We had to teach him how to play with the things dogs normally play with like sticks & balls as he had no idea what to do with them. He won't chase birds or cats, but goes after field mice. I guess that is what he was living on. He was pretty confused when he saw the first one climb a tree. (It was a squirrel)

http://www.vancouver.hm/tomas.jpg

krdahmer
October 19th, 2004, 11:22 PM
What a wonderful story... that little fella certainly had someone looking out for him! :angel: And isn't it funny how they seem to know just who to go to to get help :rolleyes: ....I think they can see our hearts on our sleeves sometimes! :love: :thumbs up

beddows
October 19th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Whats really interesting has been the interaction with our 35 ib maine coon Cat. He's terrified of it.

Bugsy
October 20th, 2004, 12:30 AM
He won't chase birds or cats, but goes after field mice. I guess that is what he was living on. He was pretty confused when he saw the first one climb a tree. (It was a squirrel)

LMAO..picturing the look on his face in my mind :D

What a beautiful thing you did. The doggy found his "Guardian Angel :angel:" in your wife.

I'd love to see more photos :crazy:

Sneaky2006
October 20th, 2004, 01:41 AM
What a great story! He looks so thankful. I'm sure he'll let you know everyday :)

badger
October 20th, 2004, 01:48 AM
What a sweet face. Did you have any problem taking him into the States? Please may we have a picture of your Maine Coone - 35lb - and I thought my 18 lb. tabby (at last weigh-in) was a whopper.

Mysts38
October 20th, 2004, 05:29 AM
KUDOS to you and your wife for extending your hearts and home to this sweet looking fellow! :thumbs up

beddows
October 20th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Well here is the 35 ilb cat: (dog in background)

http://www.vancouver.hm/fatcat.jpg

And here is the dog after Al Quaida got to him:

http://www.vancouver.hm/AQdog.jpg

Writing4Fun
October 20th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Oh - My - GAWD!!! :eek: No wonder your dog is afraid of him!! He's beautiful, but WOW!! How much does that monster eat?!?!

beddows
October 20th, 2004, 12:29 PM
We dont' feed him, He preys on the coyotes in the area.

Cinnabear
October 20th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Omg you're able to lift him. :D What a lucky dog to have found you. :love:

Sneaky2006
October 20th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Is he part tiger?!?!.... jeeesus!! :p

mastifflover
October 20th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Very lucky dog and that cat is unbelievable how do you lift him?