Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another beauty in need

kimc
October 19th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Along with the other dogs I am trying to help re-home/save from being euthanized...there is also now a rotti.I know nothing more about this dog other than he is a gentle soul.I will know more tomorrow.The other dogs available are
shep mix male 1-2yrs excellent temperment
yorkie mix 8 months male
chi female 6months...has some birth defects
purebred sheperd female-12months needs to be worked with to learn to trust again.
several pits..pit mixes
rotti
contact Kim at kimc7622@yahoo.ca

mastifflover
October 19th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Kim where are you located? That would help in trying to find forever homes for these furkids.

kimc
October 20th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Niagara region.

Sheriffmom
October 22nd, 2004, 11:32 PM
Are these from Local shelters?

kimc
October 22nd, 2004, 11:34 PM
Some are from local shelters others are owner surrenders to keep them from our already crowded shelters.They are from various sources unethical breeders as well.

Sheriffmom
October 23rd, 2004, 12:50 AM
Hi Kimc... I am from the Niagara area as well, and thought a few sounded like some of the sweeties I recently saw at the local SPCAs (Last wk I did my tour to drop off stuff, and get tickets for the WCHS dinner.... went to WCHS, LCHS, and NFHS). I saw soooo many there, I just wanted to take them all home!! :)

kimc
October 23rd, 2004, 02:22 PM
Are you interested in fostering?

Sheriffmom
October 23rd, 2004, 03:56 PM
We are, however we do live in a neighbourhood with lots of children, so the dog would have to be non-agressive, and we also have a male-neutered medium-sized dog, so any dog would have to be non-dog agressive. Also, we share a large backyard with 5 other neighbours... a couple who have cats (who come and play outside) and 3 other smaller breed dogs.
Please contact us (PM me) if you think we can help.
PS- we have a townhouse and so a large or Xlarge dog probably wouldn't work well.

BMDLuver
October 23rd, 2004, 06:36 PM
Hi Kim,
The Adopt-A-Rott organization in Toronto will be able to help if he is a purebred Rottweiler ... http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/ON26.html . We have dealt with them as have other reputable organizations and they may be able to help with this Rottweiler.
Good luck.