Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

CP24 Legal Briefs

sammiec
October 19th, 2004, 09:41 AM
A very interesting show last night discussing the ban. I wish they would provide a link, but I have yet to find one.
I called in with a question and was told that I would hopefully get on before the end of the show, but they never called back :( .

They had a gentleman named Barry from Kitchener City Concil and Amy from "Advotes for the Underdog". Both sides presented their points of view tastefully and respectfully - as you can in a debate ;)
Did anyone else have a chance to catch it?

mastifflover
October 19th, 2004, 09:55 AM
No but I did email them the dog legislation link and article that was in it as well as the video Why they are the way they are yesterday. Did they say anything about seeing MB or sitting in on any council meetings?

sammiec
October 19th, 2004, 09:58 AM
I also mailed them the Why they are...
The man that was moderating was trying his hardest not to show that he was for the ban.
I never heard any statements about sitting in on concil meetings or MB. I think they were trying to objectionally share their points of view without the trashing...
I have a feeling that these concil meetings are happening behind closed dorrs because of the intensity of the subject.
The only statement that was thrown in MB's direction was the closing remarks of Amy - as I stated above.

mastifflover
October 19th, 2004, 10:03 AM
I glad they were well spoken and not raving lunatics which would do absolutely no good. I did email a friend who works for City as a producer/director and asked him about the possibility of doing a show on both sides of the argument. He said he will throw it out at there meetings for show ideas and see if he is met with any opposition. He likes the idea and suggested we get MB on in and blindside him by not letting him know both sides will be there.

sammiec
October 19th, 2004, 10:07 AM
It would really be great, but I think that it would be 2 against 1... MB and the pro ban, and then the underdogs - us...
I think they should force him to put down the first 10 dogs under his new law! I think all the shelters should join together and say none of these dogs will be put down until MB does 10 dogs.

mastifflover
October 19th, 2004, 10:18 AM
That is great I would love to see him in there, it is something I could never do. Hence why I could not go into vet. med. When I was talking to my freind he said that they would want an intelligent debate but would love to hear him defend himself in public as to why anybody with an opinion differing from him was not heard. "I don't want a Jerry Springer show I want an intelligent forum"

sammiec
October 19th, 2004, 10:36 AM
I would LOVE to hear him defend himself! I would love to hear the stats and stories that helped him come to this discision. It's a very sad day in Canada when you can pass a law just on your own beliefs; forget the citizens that got you where you are.. I bet he would be a bumbling idoit like our favourite leader to the south! ;)

mastifflover
October 19th, 2004, 10:41 AM
You are too funny one of the guys in the park last night said he is sure the two bumbling idiots must be related and we should send ours to visit his other half.