Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poor puppers isn't feeling well

GsdDiamond
October 18th, 2004, 10:50 PM
My other half brought the poor little girl to the vet today. She was favouring her left ear all weekend, so I thought I would give them a cleaning, hoping it would help. Nope. sad

Turns out she has a yeast infection the vet thinks is secondary to her allergies. He's not ruling out her possibly getting more in the future sad which makes me feel so sorry for her.

On a brighter note, she was weighed while there. She's 8 months old and a whopping 66 lbs! The vet says she's "right on track" for growth. I'm so glad we're feeding her enough for her energy level. :D

Cinnabear
October 19th, 2004, 12:54 AM
I think we all have been there not realizing our pooch has an infected ear. sad It took me to realize when he started to scratch his ear and yelp. I felt so sorry for him.

Wow what a big girl you have. :p Here's to her having quick healing (((vibes))).

debanneball
October 19th, 2004, 11:43 AM
:sick: Ahhh, hope your puppy is feeling better soon. She's quite the hefty little gal there....Stella is 11 months 70 lbs, but I have to keep her weight down..hip dysplasia..

TalonsMa
October 19th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Ahh I hope she's feeling bette soon!! :thumbs up

GsdDiamond
October 19th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Yeah, my baby is a big girl. Her Sire is called "large", and I've been in the same room as him as he ran up to me to be petted. I think "large" is an understatement. Her Dam is a normal size, but she looks more like her pop, so Im thinking she's going to be at least 80lbs or so. :eek:

Well, one person giving her the ear drops she needs....now that's fun! NOT

She's definately going to need a bath after this is done. I missed her ear tonight and got it in her hair. Ewwww!
But on a positive note, she's not favouring her ear nearly as much. After the 10 days worth of medication is done she should be 100%! :thumbs up

lilith_rizel
October 20th, 2004, 09:27 AM
that is good to hear.

Sheriffmom
October 20th, 2004, 09:50 AM
When Sheriff got his ear infections (Vet says he will be prone to them.... hopefully grow out of them when he reaches adulthood... here's to hope!) the only way we could give him the drops was we'd get him to "hug" one of us. (Paw on each shoulder), then give him a cookie, and quickly the other person would lift up the ear flap and squeeze some in. He was a little monster about getting ear drops... I think cause it hurt him, for us to touch his ear :sad: . Now we have to put a preventative med in his ear about once a week.... our new technique is to soak a cotton ball with the stuff, put the cotton just slightly into his ear, and squeeze.... it wastes a lot of the med, and we have to buy more bottles than normal, but hey.... the drops go in!!
Hope your big-little girl feels better soon!!... Have fun with the drops! :p