Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Your vote!

sammiec
October 18th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Please do not write your answers in a post, I am interested to know your opinions (anonymously) about thw ban on pit bulls. This way people hopefully won't feel they are singled out for their answer.

Please, be honest. :thumbs up

sammiec
October 18th, 2004, 09:52 AM
bump, bump... please vote... :)

mastifflover
October 18th, 2004, 10:02 AM
I do not and will never support the ban of any breed. I do not care about being anon. I did write a scathing letter to Michael Bryant this morning about some of the comments I have had to endure since his announcement and I dont even own a pit. I also asked if he was planning on supporting the responsible Pit Bull Breeders of Ontario since he literally put them into bancruptcy.

sammiec
October 18th, 2004, 10:29 AM
There is still a poll going at CP24 for the ban - please cast your votes there as well!!!

www.CP24.com (http://)

sammiec
October 18th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Bumping it up again!! :o

lilith_rizel
October 18th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Sammi,
I love your signature. It is so true.

sammiec
October 18th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks! :D

sammiec
October 19th, 2004, 12:28 PM
100 people have viewed and only 24 voted!! Geez, I wish we were this lucky when it came to the real thing!!

moontamara
October 19th, 2004, 05:54 PM
I voted "Yes" only because I know I would have voted "Yes" before I met all of you. That's the sad truth of it all and the reason your cause may very well fail. Those who came to this board in support of banning pitbulls may have seemed ignorant and rude, but they actually do represent what many of our neighbours and family members truly believe, that pitbulls are nothing but dangerous, life threatening animals.

To be perfectly frank, I would rather they DO ban pitbulls, rather than do nothing, as it very well might save some lives. BUT, I think there are far better ways to take care of the problem, ones that don't punish the innocent, such as regulating dog ownership. As you all very well know, there are plenty of cruel owners who have raised cruel dogs, and while small breeds can also do serious damage (even kill in some cases -- yes I've been paying attention), strong dogs who have been trained and bred for fighting can definitely are far more likely to do serious damage to people and to other dogs. Still, it makes me very sad to think of your (and other) wonderful dogs having to walk around muzzled... I know your dogs are sweethearts and deserve love as much as my toy poodle. So I hope your side of the cause wins, and the government goes on to make saner, more helpful laws that will benefit people and dogs in the long run, not just short term.

BSL is a short term solution that punishes the innocent.

Prin
May 9th, 2005, 12:34 AM
:o Does anybody mind if I revive this poll? I'm curious what the results would be if it got more exposure and being that the ban has passed and pittie owners are in the "get ready" mode (while still fighting).

kayla
May 9th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Wow, almost a third said yes? I vote no. I feel like while pit bulls can be trained to be vicious, so can many other dogs. Once pit bulls are gone people will start breeding rotties or dobermans or shepherds or something for the same purposes, and eventually those breeds will become "tainted" with the vicious genes people are selecting for. It should be the people, not the dogs, who are banned..

MegShawnMom
May 9th, 2005, 08:05 AM
On Friday night we manned the booth form 8pm till midnight at the THS special adoption fair.It was so sad that they were full of pitties and so few were being rehomed.We know Clayton Ruby and if anybody can reverse this law he can,it will take time and more than $100,000.fundraising is spreading and may groups and organizations ar coming on board.Trying to reason with
Byrant is futile,you have to go after the mpp's

Today the pitties tomorrow your dog