Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

South Carolina

Iggette
October 18th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Hey Chico2......have a great holiday in the sun........I hope you get good weather and the area is all done with bad weather threats......I won't be on the board the next 2 days as I am diligently job hunting.....so I wanted to say ...............................

lilith_rizel
October 18th, 2004, 01:51 PM
My husband and I live in Maryland, and it has been gloomy here, but I don't think there are any weather issues for the east cost area. My husband is updated daily on weather issues, from his place of work. Chico, when is your trip. I can keep an eye out for any changes for you. My husband is usually told as soon as there is any possibility of bad weather heading torward the coast, which is usually a week or so before the storm hits.

chico2
October 18th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Lilith,we are leaving Wednesday,driving....it's usually a beautiful drive with all the fallclours in the mountains,except for all the road-kill :(
We've been going to South Carolina for 15 years,this time of the year and have been lucky with the weather,except 1989 and Hugo :eek:
If the weather is not great,I'll just have to do all my Christmas -shopping and other shopping,the value of the Canadian $$$ is great right now..so I won't suffer!!
I need a vacation badly from my ever demanding kitty-cats :crazy:but boy,do I always miss them sad

lilith_rizel
October 18th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I will put on the weather channel tomorrow and in the evening, I will tell you what is is supposed to be like the next few days, and if there are any weather concerns. I do the same thing for my family, when they are planning a trip to Florida, since we get weather reports sooner than they do. I think that hurricane season is basically over by now, not sure though. First year living on the east coast. LOL. I am used to good old Minnesota weather, nice and cold, with a million feet of snow during the winter.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

chico2
October 18th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Lilith thank's,we always do.....I love the friendly southern drawl in the Carolinians,they don't only sound friendly,they are :love:and the ocean gives me a natural high :)
In our weather-report from SC it says +23C sun/cloud,it's about 65 F(I think)good enough for us,as long as the sun is shining...

lilith_rizel
October 18th, 2004, 07:16 PM
What part of SC are you going to. I have been to Charleston, SC a few years ago. It is so pretty there. They have horses (don't know how to spell the breed, they are the big work horses, with the fur around their hooves, usually brown and white. Clydesdales??) that pull big buggies that carry about 20 people, around town. It is a really pretty place. But all the one way streets get confusing.

chico2
October 18th, 2004, 07:31 PM
We are going to Myrtle Beach(no,we don't golf!!)I've been to Charleston a couple of times,beautiful!!!

krdahmer
October 19th, 2004, 01:29 AM
Oh ya ditto Chico have a great time... and I'm sure your kitties like mine will be at the door tapping their claws when you get home....lol ;)

Sneaky2006
October 19th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Hey Chico, goin past my way??? You go through PA?

chico2
October 19th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Sneaky,we drive HW 79 all through PA,a beautiful drive....but that's where we also once hit an ice-storm,must have seen 250 cars off the road :eek: scary stuff!!! Hopefully none of that this time.
We drive our SUV(I know people do not like SUV's,but we do!!)and we feel ready for any situation,snow,rain,whatever...and it's very comfy compared to our smaller car.

Sneaky2006
October 19th, 2004, 08:04 AM
It is raining like cats and dogs here! Has been for the last few days and should be off and on for the next week... I hope you don't catch any of it, it's awful driving in rain too, especially the highway! Heavy downpours and flooding everywhere... I really shouldn't be complaining... the last few years we've been in a drought... not this year!
I do think you're going pretty much through western PA though... we are all the way east. Could be 8-10 hours from here. :)
I love SUVs! Around here, you need em! Good luck on your trip, have a great time!

chico2
October 19th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Thank's Sneaky and everyone else...talk again in a couple of weeks :thumbs up

lilith_rizel
October 19th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Chico, it is supposed to be between 60 and 70 F. Partly cloudy most of the week, but scattered showers are supposed to come in from the west on Saturday and Sunday. There hasn't been any warnings of tropical storms or hurricanes yet. But I'll keep you posted if it changes. Enjoy your trip!!

Here's a ten day forcast.
http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USSC0239

lilith_rizel
October 19th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Chico,

I just heard something on the weather channel about tornadoes that hit yesterday, and more are supposed to hit tonight, somewhere in the south. I was unable to get to the tv soon enough to see exactly where. So be careful while driving, you may run into detours or flooded areas.

Oh, they just posted it again, there are severe tornadoes in Georgia, heading east. Hopefully they don't hit SC, and cause damage and interferre with your traffic and vacation. I don't think you need to worry though.

Have a safe trip.