Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

They Ate What? Pet X-Ray Contest 2012 Winners

Jull
April 10th, 2013, 01:25 PM
I have not idea why they would have a contest for this...? :rolleyes: But, some of this are just crazy! really makes me wonder what goes on when I don't have eyes on the kids.

http://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/vet-dept/small-animal-dept/vet-xray-contest-2012-winners.aspx

Barkingdog
April 10th, 2013, 02:35 PM
That is totally insane! I bet some idiots will forces object down their pets just to be in the contest!

hazelrunpack
April 10th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Oh, it hurts to look at those! :eek: Having had a dog with pica, the rads were bringing back some old memories of vet visits.... :o

Jull
April 10th, 2013, 03:27 PM
That is totally insane! I bet some idiots will forces object down their pets just to be in the contest!

You know I want to say that nobody would that to their pet, but you are right there is some evil people out there, as much as dogs eat crazy stupid things too.

Oh, it hurts to look at those! :eek: Having had a dog with pica, the rads were bringing back some old memories of vet visits.... :o

:( aw... Bestia and Guero are very sneaky at eating things they find in the floor, I remember Bestia ate a tiny rock once when he was a baby, and there has been a couple times where I have had to help him pull out a little string of something out... and not from the mouth :yuck:

pattymac
April 10th, 2013, 06:10 PM
wow, I'm glad my critters aren't into eating weird things!! Bayley will grab and eat the odd kleenex if I don't get it from her. They seem to know what's food and what's not...thank goodness!!

Jim Hall
April 11th, 2013, 03:12 PM
I bet some idiots will forces object down their pets just to be in the contest!

I belive the xrays are submitted from the vets themselves

Longblades
April 11th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I noted some of the items were removed by endoscopy. Some of them looked sharp. Gulp. Oh, sorry, wrong word. Yikes.

Jim Hall
April 11th, 2013, 08:29 PM
a ratchet set good lord :wall: so thats were they went!!!

Barkingdog
April 11th, 2013, 08:41 PM
I just can't see a dog eating a whole ratchet set, the poor dog had to been forces fed it . I would never go to a vet that ran a contest like this.

hazelrunpack
April 11th, 2013, 10:30 PM
It's not a contest being run by a vet, Barkingdog. The rads are compiled by submission from private practice. I doubt the owners have any idea ahead of time that anyone would even be interested. There are no 'prizes'. Sort of like the Darwin awards. :D

Jull
April 12th, 2013, 10:16 AM
It really just make me wonder how did they do it? how can the swallow something to big and not get hurt? :yuck:

I think when I was a kid I had Pica too... I used to eat coins and marbles! :D

Barkingdog
April 12th, 2013, 10:44 AM
It's not a contest being run by a vet, Barkingdog. The rads are compiled by submission from private practice. I doubt the owners have any idea ahead of time that anyone would even be interested. There are no 'prizes'. Sort of like the Darwin awards. :D

I guess in this case it would the 'prize' for dumbest pet owner if they did force their poor pet to eat an object.